LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    if your posture is the same surfing and swimming, then you're doing something wrong. you'd be dog paddling.
    I only swam competitively from 6 y.o though high school and on a national level 10th through 12th grade... still have a mid 18 second 50 yard freestyle sprint at 34. But hell, what do I know?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    I only swam competitively from 6 y.o though high school and on a national level 10th through 12th grade... still have a mid 18 second 50 yard freestyle sprint at 34. But hell, what do I know?
    Well, based on your earlier post in this thread, anything you know about fitness you learned in Men's Health...

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Well, based on your earlier post in this thread, anything you know about fitness you learned in Men's Health...

    Because I was trying to direct the OP to a good reference on a couple different workouts I like? You need to slow your roll, masshole.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Gloucester
    Posts
    5
    LOL. bust. This is great, thanks for all the ideas! Along with the work outs ill try and find some salty wise man to rape my ear hole with widsom.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    I only swam competitively from 6 y.o though high school and on a national level 10th through 12th grade... still have a mid 18 second 50 yard freestyle sprint at 34. But hell, what do I know?
    Congrats on being the US record holder for the 50 yd freestyle (http://www.usaswimming.org/_Rainbow/...02/men_scy.pdf). Current record is 18.47.

    I did not swim competitively growing up, but swim a pretty decent amount now and couldn't imagine arching my back swimming freestyle, but maybe that's why I'm slow. Seems like it would create a lot of drag.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by zrich View Post
    Congrats on being the US record holder for the 50 yd freestyle (http://www.usaswimming.org/_Rainbow/...02/men_scy.pdf). Current record is 18.47.

    I did not swim competitively growing up, but swim a pretty decent amount now and couldn't imagine arching my back swimming freestyle, but maybe that's why I'm slow. Seems like it would create a lot of drag.
    That's for Olympic and/or International swimming (depending on what you want to call it), which is in meters, not yards...

    Anyway, I guess it depends on an individual semantical definition of "arching."

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by WildSurf View Post
    LOL. bust. This is great, thanks for all the ideas! Along with the work outs ill try and find some salty wise man to rape my ear hole with widsom.
    No offense to you with me calling Emass a "masshole" I hope, I'm most definitely not using it as a blanket term.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    That's for Olympic and/or International swimming (depending on what you want to call it), which is in meters, not yards...

    Anyway, I guess it depends on an individual semantical definition of "arching."
    No, it's the SCY (short course yards) record.

    When I think of arching my back, I think of pulling my chest back and pushing my stomach out to make my lower back more concave. Instead of being more like a torpedo in the water, you'd be like a banana = more drag (in my mind).

  9. #29
    Hi Wildsurf, go to my website Fit2Shred.com and there are some free short videos you can see and if you have any questions you can email me through my website. I'll be coming out with a DVD this year.

  10. #30
    If you want to be an amazing paddler, you just have to head over to the gym with NJshredmachine and do his workout

Tags for this Thread