LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    If the gasoline vapors in your garage are concentrated enough to break down neoprene, you have a lot bigger issue than wetsuit storage. Consider what that is doing to your body as you inhale it.
    Absolutely... Just making sure you store your chemicals, including gasoline, in appropriate containers with lids on tight, is good advice no matter what. I bring this up because where I store my fuel is right under where I store my gear. One day I put on my suit and it smelled like gasoline. Turned out my kid never put the cap back on the gas can. That ain't good...

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Absolutely... Just making sure you store your chemicals, including gasoline, in appropriate containers with lids on tight, is good advice no matter what. I bring this up because where I store my fuel is right under where I store my gear. One day I put on my suit and it smelled like gasoline. Turned out my kid never put the cap back on the gas can. That ain't good...
    Nope, not good at all. Carcinogens like benzene are never good to inhale, especially in an enclosed space.
    http://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/eh/chemfs/fs/gasoline.htm