LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Surf Carolina Magazine hits the streets today

Premier issue should be arriving in local surf shops today - got a chance to see a hard copy preview and it's bad to the bone (thanks catfish).

Link - http://http://www.surfcarolinamagazine.com/Site/SURF_CAROLINA_MAGAZINE.html

Link - http://bradstyron.wordpress.com/2008...azine-is-here/
    Last edited by eisurfshop; May 10, 2008 at 01:05 PM.

It's about time!!

I hope you mean "bad" in a good way. It is awesome that NC and SC are being represented in a great, colorful, and respectful way. The photos by local Carolina artist really show what we have. Mark my words, there will be a lot of others that take notice of our surf once the magazine becomes more popular.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Mark my words, there will be a lot of others that take notice of our surf once the magazine becomes more popular.
    yup, they'll notice that our surf generally sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    Apparently you haven't been to the OBX in the last 2 months. It's been pretty solid.

Thumbs up

Yeah, hatteras for sure, maybe occ. a little north and south.. Spring has been pretty good. But compared to everywhere else, it is nothing to size up in a conversation about with anyone who surfs on the west coast, up north, etc... Why do you think all the competitive rippers are moving out to Cali. B/c they cannot progress further living in the area. Sho nuff we have our days, but those are few and between unless it is the obx or some of the areas close to it. However the magazine should really show that there is a hot bed of talent around here and the photographers and shapers are legit. Not too mention when we do get clean swell it can possibly hang with world class breaks if the elements set up right.

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    You obviously do not have a clue what you are talking about(unless you surf in Myrtle Beach where it does suck)

Images
    Does anyone want to send me a copy!

If so I'd be much appreciative...

Micah, I think I have a copy or two that didn't get distributed at school. If you want I can send you a copy. Peace

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    You obviously do not have a clue what you are talking about(unless you surf in Myrtle Beach where it does suck)
    perhaps you should get out a little more - see the rest of the planet

unfortunately, obx is literally a geographic anomaly and not representative of the rest of the area. sc/nc rates about a 5 worldwide on a scale of 1-10: rideable sometimes (maybe more if you're a longboarder or an action figure), good every few weeks (for about 1/2 a day), and epic once or twice a year. sure, we have surf, but it's rarely anything to get excited about.

Images
    wow, you people really don't appreciate what you have. go to mississippi and see how much you complain then!!!!
    Last edited by yarddog; May 13, 2008 at 02:43 AM.