LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Right or Left

Threaded View

Images

Right or Left

And I dont mean waves...

Im not asking what side you are on. I am asking your thoughts on both sides... Since so many recent threads have turned into political rants, I figured I would just start an honest thread about it.

I would venture to guess that there are more on this site to the left than to the right, but I would say I have seen a pretty mixed bag of opinions on what separates the two.

After a republican bashing thread that I was reading recently, I feel the need to say this:

I think both sides, left and right have become something that they did not intend for.

Right wing is about keeping money on american soil, keeping illegal immigration out, keeping government regulations out of business, capitalism and allowing entrepreneurs and small business' to reap the benefits of their ideas and innovations, while not penalizing them for success.

Left wing is all about so called "equality" for all. Heathcare for all. And turning our government into a regulatory system that provides services for all citizens, employed or unemployed. They handed out billions of dollars to an industry that failed our nation and destroyed our economy, while asking the working class to pick up the tab, rather than letting capitalism thrive and allowing these corrupt, inefficient banks and corporations to fail and file chapter 11 across the board, allowing the few honest, successful banks and businesses to pick up the tabs and the loans and reap the benefits of proper business. Instead we are back to square one...

In my opinion, the Right wing does not consist of either super-weathly busines tycoons trying to hoard their money or lowly blue collar workers that are in the bottom tier of income classifications, who still fight for guns and freedom...

That is a misconception. As a 30 year old white male in this nation, who paid for his own education, worked every day since he was 18, including through college, has never purchased anything that was out of his means, and never took out a home loan with a floating interest rate on a 600,000 2 bedroom condo in San Diego like everyone else did....

In my opinion, most of us on this site fall into my category. The forgotten. Im not rich and Im not poor. I have never taken a handout because I dont need to. I pay for my own health insurance for myself and my family, because that is my responsibility as a man, a father and as a citizen... I have never gotten a scholarship for the color of my skin. I have never gotten a job to fill a quota spot either.

In a different day in age, I would proabably be on the left wing too, but I am sick and tired of hearing about equality for all and socialized medical care and all these different ideas that DONT COCNERN ME... Its hard to support a cause when it NEVER and I mean NEVER involves me... The left is always about supporting "IDEAS" that dont concern me.

Do I think everyone in America should have health care? No. Not at all. Until our already terrible healthcare system gets broken down the way it should and fixed, we dont need to pack more weight onto it, so these insurance companies and healthcare companies continue to bludgeon the public over astronomical costs... The amount of wastes testing, wastes materials, paperwork, going through 18 different entities to process all this crap. Our healthcare system is BROKEN... So if you can't afford it, you dont get it. Sorry... The ER will take you in if you ever have a serious issue. Or get state assistance like everyone in SC does... There are options...

But if you don't pay into this sh**, you shouldn't get it. Its like the bank bail outs. Its just going hand in hand with more corruption. Giving health insurance and healthcare companies more money to waste, and pocket and expand... Handing over a government monopoly... &$*# that... Just write another Blank check to Bank of America, Wells Fargo and the other guys again why dont you, instead of making them pay for their losses....

American jobs would have been lost? Sorry, but good. We don't need collection call centers for these bank churning out labor hours 2000 deep 24 hours per day. We dont need 785 bank branches within a 4 mile radius... Those jobs probably never should have been created, but with a bloated economy, they just started dumping cash out everywhere they could... Stirke while the iron is hot... Well its cold now, and you all got saved...

So, I love the ocean, I love nature, I want people to live happy lives, so I dont really care about social issues like Gay Marriage and stuff anymore. I dont really care about guns either... I want the ability to own one at will, but I care not about any of this sh**....

I just care about my spending, always going up up up.... While other peoples spending goes down down down. Because they simple take what is "owed to them" for being a living breathing american...

The state of this country is poor at best. And its not the government's fault. Its the PEOPLES fault...

Watch what happens in 2014, when every company in america cuts hours down under 30 per week and they start firing people so they can make adjustments for "ObamaCare".... All these people on the left, well not all, but plenty dont care. They arent working 30 hours per week anyway.

I am not a wealthy business owner, YET, but I work for one. And it is my direct responsibilities to manage an enormous staff and consider all of these factors... What do you think I am going to have to do when it comes down to it... Answer to the wealthy, who are not going to go down without a fight about this stuff...

Im just saying, Papa Johns aint the only one. Its going to be EVERY small or large business in this country... Its not going to be pretty.
    Last edited by zach619; May 9, 2013 at 03:31 PM.