LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 87

Thread: Right or Left

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Jupiter, FL
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post

    Because social equality doesn't concern me. A straight, 30 year old married white man will not benefit from gay marriage, gun laws, socialized health care, affirmative action or pretty much ANYTHING on the left wings agenda... It literally does not matter to me.
    This is a sad commentary that somewhat illustrates a problem....just because it concern you directly, doesn't mean it doesn't concern millions of other around the US. And it could easily be argued that in the long term ALL of those thing will affect you, perhaps you may even benefit from it (I.E. Gay Marriage= more monogamy = less AIDS spread = lower healthcare costs across the board) just an example, but you get the point.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    3,161
    In my opinion, the Right wing does not consist of either super-weathly busines tycoons trying to hoard their money
    the ironic thing is that most big money donors are liberal democrats!!

    I'm a classical conservative...believe in limited government, personal responsibility AND personal freedom. Flush the social conservatism crap which is not conservatism at all but theocratic authoritarianism.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Your Mom's Vag
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    I'm a classical conservative...believe in limited government, personal responsibility AND personal freedom. Flush the social conservatism crap which is not conservatism at all but theocratic authoritarianism.
    +1,000,000

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hilton Head Island - OB, SD
    Posts
    3,993
    Images
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    This is a sad commentary that somewhat illustrates a problem....just because it concern you directly, doesn't mean it doesn't concern millions of other around the US. And it could easily be argued that in the long term ALL of those thing will affect you, perhaps you may even benefit from it (I.E. Gay Marriage= more monogamy = less AIDS spread = lower healthcare costs across the board) just an example, but you get the point.
    I know my statement sounds bad, but its the truth.... I am saying, ive been living in this country, born and raised for over 30 years. And since as far back as I can remember, its always been ideals and topics that TRULY dont concern me. I understand that country isnt about me me me... But its not supposed to NEVER be about you.

    And yes, in a round about way, these topics could catch up and effect me one way or the other. But NONE of these topics will make me chose a candidate. Because at the end of the day, I dont care about the outcome of any of these things, and most of the time I do feel strongly about any of these LEFT ideas I end up voting just to oppose it. Its never any ideas that I like or support. It always me hoping to help throw the wrench in other pointless agenda that doesn't DIRECTLY effect me or my family.

  5. #15
    Its going to take the republicans a long time to cleanup the mess left by the democrats.
    ... this comment should be good for another 14 pages now... lol.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hilton Head Island - OB, SD
    Posts
    3,993
    Images
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    True, and the wealthy don't need tax breaks. Both sides are guilty here, and the hard working middle class always gets the shaft. Aside from my anger about that, social programs still take up a very small portion of the overall spending in this country. What we really spend too much on is wars and defense. Our country has a bad reputation in the international scene, and both parties keep making it worse. We need to stop fighting wars and work with allies for other solutions.
    Yes, I agree on a personal level, that "the rich" dont deserve tax breaks... However, there is way more to it than that. Most "wealthy" individuals own businesses and are a HUGE portion of our economy. Most people arent born rich, they aquire wealth. So when you DONT give small to mid-sized companies, which are owned by the wealthy, tax breaks for doing business and driving the economy, the "wealthy" stop spending. When Uncle sam doesnt give them tax breaks, they keep the money anyway and start laying people off. Its the trickle down effect.

    The rich and poor are directly connect with most of us right in the middle... But when you are in the middle, and the guys above you get axed by the government, its coming out of our paychecks... The rich will STAY rich no matter what... Its just much better for the middle class when the rich are getting richer... It when the rich start getting less rich and the poor start getting less poor that the middle class suffers on both sides. Lower wages, longer hours, more production out of less people so the rich can make up for their losses by labor cuts and the money chopped off the top goes right back underneath you in government handouts...

    When the rich get less rich and the poor get less poor, we take the brunt of it... Not them.

  7. #17
    I feel there is good and bad of each side. I can litterally agrue both sides of a lot of issues in my own head.
    In my opinion, the only way to vote is based on your job. What benefits you financially is what you sould vote for.
    I'm in the healthcare industry an Obama is destroying it, so I did not want him to win. He directly affects my ability to earn a living.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hilton Head Island - OB, SD
    Posts
    3,993
    Images
    26
    I would say 9 out of 10 of us that dont work for the government on here work for someone who is wealthy one way or another. Whether its your boss, or the owner of your company or business... So we directly answer to them... And when they get tax breaks at the end of the year, that is where bonuses come from and the trickle down effects start working... When the rich make more money, they are more likely to spread the wealth downward internally. I would much rather $500,000 in a tax break be in my owner's hand than back into the governments hands to distribute at will... At least the money will be well spent within our own business and local economy to protect my job and the wellbeing of the business... They same goes for everyone...

    When your boss losses money, taxed or not, you will lose money too. No matter what... I trust money in the business owners hands, not the government.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    3,161
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    I would say 9 out of 10 of us that dont work for the government on here work for someone who is wealthy one way or another. Whether its your boss, or the owner of your company or business... So we directly answer to them... And when they get tax breaks at the end of the year, that is where bonuses come from and the trickle down effects start working... When the rich make more money, they are more likely to spread the wealth downward internally. I would much rather $500,000 in a tax break be in my owner's hand than back into the governments hands to distribute at will... At least the money will be well spent within our own business and local economy to protect my job and the wellbeing of the business... They same goes for everyone...

    When your boss losses money, taxed or not, you will lose money too. No matter what... I trust money in the business owners hands, not the government.
    'A rising tide lifts all boats'...JFK

  10. #20
    My answer is applicable to both surfing and politics.

    I'll go the way that makes most sense at the moment. Sometimes I'll change my mind mid-drop in if I see something I don't like. Not every wave is the same. Not every topic is the same. Open your minds, folks, don't be part of the problem. Vote on the topic, not the party, and PLEASE, for the love of god, form your own opinions.