LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Right or Left

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    actually entitlements are bigger..

as far as welfare...cry me a f&cking river. nobody forces people not to take advantage of the opportunities they have available to better themselves. Bear, you are just pissed that people are threatening your gravy train.
    If you include Medicare and Medicaid it is; however I highly doubt you'd want them to touch that?

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    I appreciate this type of discussion, I really do, however certain sitautions have forced me to bow out of these types of discussions.

First, before I got back on here, I vowed to stop arguing politics. I reckon I won't force any misguided souls to see the light. I have been a "professional letter-to-the-editor" writer for the past two years, and man, it's just futile ain't it?

I just don't see how people don't think like me politically. It's so painfully obvious. It's the "right" way to think. Ok, I'm not just an opinionated jerk, I'm also a tad vain when it comes to these issues.

But............there's all kinds out there. Expecting Tryrasheeka who grew up in poverty, in a violence-plagued neighborhood, with no parental support, with feelings of being unwanted............if you expect her to be as prepared for the world as you - the white, middle-class, suburban surfer boy who was given all the opportunities in the world.......well shoot doesn't work that way.....

Don't judge a person until you have walked FIVE miles in their shoes and don't withold basic friggin needs from them.........just because you are greedy and evil and get upset because they don't work like you do.

As I said, if y'all are so jealous of them.........JOIN THEM.

Oh, y'all know welfare benefits are different in every state. I just called my pal who collects welfare, while he works under-the-table. Ha, that must really piss y'all off. A single male(women with vaginal discharge children are different) in Nueve Yersey gets $200.00 a month in food stamps. $140.00 a month in cash. He got a one month bus pass when he signed up too !! HA HA !!! And he got a medicaid card. Oh, he's also trying to get some cell phone for welfare people too. Now even I agree that last one is crazy.........

So anyways, I have to stop arguing politics because I'm disturbed and sometimes I get BENT.......like when that dude changes into the incredible hulk.....no I'm not some comic book made into movies dork.......

Plus, I have to keep on a lower level here than the rest of y'all. Yeah, "Free Southjetty." But I'm a marked man suffering injustices from the powers that be.

Good luck dudes, and keep discussing stuff of this nature.
    most people, even conservatives have no problem with welfare,. the break down comes when those who receive it do not use it for the intended purpose of bettering themselves. Those who do, I applaud them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Ok....lets start by cutting our biggest expense.....the Military? No?
    Yes, the military industrial complex is out of control.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    I hate to keep agreeing with Mr Paddington Bear, but..

I feel like the welfare argument is the litmus test to determine if you are talking to an idiot. Welfare does get abused, and free cell phones are bullsh*t, BUT welfare is the difference between us being a first world country and a third world country. Gov't housing, public schools, and food stamps keep these people off of the streets. Hundreds of thousands of folks taking to the street might be a little detrimental for our society, no? Don't like their health care? Let's just let them breed disease while they are at it. Let 'em suffer, right? I mean they earned it (or rather they didn't ohh hahah). Many of them are mentally or physically handicapped. Some of them bread themselves into it. Yes, they are the problem, but what do you suppose we do? Kick them out on the street? Make it quick and kill 'em? NO, WELFARE OFFERS THEM THE CHANCE TO MAINTAIN A MINIMAL STANDARD OF LIVING SO THAT THEIR CHILDREN CAN EXIT THE CYCLE.

Look at what is being spent on welfare programs vs what is being spent on big oil, defense contracts, foreign aid to countries that don't even like us, and GASP... a decade long war. Look at those numbers, look at our defect, and tell me that you want to throw some babies on the street because their mom is lazy. Go ahead...

I'm not a liberal but have some common sense, people, jeeeezussss
    Wow, Lee that was great.........And why do you hate to agree with me? I've never understood your problem with me, Lee.........You seem so sound. Oh well.

Ok, Now I have to walk away from this all..........yes I mean it this time..........

Quote Originally Posted by barrels4liam View Post
    Yes, the military industrial complex is out of control.
    seconded. We spend almost as wisely as North Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    seconded. We spend almost as wisely as North Korea.
    And the fear tactics used to keep funding that complex are almost as bad too lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Wow, Lee that was great.........And why do you hate to agree with me? I've never understood your problem with me, Lee.........You seem so sound. Oh well.

Ok, Now I have to walk away from this all..........yes I mean it this time..........
    HA it's because of my crazy swellinfo identity conspiracy. I just love to hate you, mr jetty yankee stuart

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    most people, even conservatives have no problem with welfare,. the break down comes when those who receive it do not use it for the intended purpose of bettering themselves. Those who do, I applaud them.
    Exactly. If people use it to get back on their feet, that's great. The problem is that it's usually a never ending cycle within families if that family is already infected by self-taught entitlements. Obviously this doesn't include the handicapped or people with mental problems. Unless it's people who cry they are a little depressed and don't try to help themselves. Me suck big-Pharma's drug tit because of their amazing commercials. Maybe I can fly a kite after taking this anti-depressant with side affects of suicide and more depression.

Bear, you don't talk about section 8 housing and add that to your welfare list. That's another 1,800 - 2,000 a month for them depending on children.

Also, I wonder how many people on here think it's fair for illegals to receive welfare, food stamps and section 8 housing after they broke the law to get here. Their anchor baby gives them those entitlements. That stats now show that most illegals aren't even working and just collection benefits. Deport them all with their babies. Otherwise, Lee we will end up being a third world country.

ah, ok, drink yo cool aid in peace.
    Last edited by leethestud; May 9, 2013 at 07:48 PM.