LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 87

Thread: Right or Left

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Jupiter, FL
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    I've sort of come to the conclusion that military spending is pretty much an entitlement.

    When congress votes to fund planes or tanks that the military doesnt even want, just because the companies that have those contracts are located in their districts, at that point its just a spending and jobs program, and might as well be called corporate welfare.

    The lines between right and left have really been blurred. I'm so disillusioned with the major parties, that i've pretty much resigned myself to voting for third party candidates (Gary Johnson, Ron Paul etc) just because the two party system is so harmful at this point.
    Well put sir.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    I guess my point is. I work hard every day, always have. I pay my taxes. I pay my debts. I paid for my education. I take care of my family and purchase health care. I don't want other people getting things that I work very hard for on my tab....

    I guess that makes me a conservative right winger.

    Because social equality doesn't concern me. A straight, 30 year old married white man will not benefit from gay marriage, gun laws, socialized health care, affirmative action or pretty much ANYTHING on the left wings agenda... It literally does not matter to me.

    Im just sicking of being told to vote or make decisions based on sh** that benefits a lot of other people, but never including me. Its happened my entire life. Since I was a kid this country has been that way. Every 2-4 years, people shove ideas down our throats, but why is it, in my adult life no one has EVER been looking out for me. There was never a "Lets help pay the hard working white guys college loans off because the banks are defaulting" initiative... Its always some BS for somebody else. There are no "Lets help the people who werent stupid and didn't take out bad loans by giving them a great deal on a home loan" first time buyer program...

    And while I dont agree with everything on the right, I care way more about what they are preaching than the other guys. Its not the 50s anymore. Everyone has been on the same level playing field for a LONG TIME now... I really dont care about everyone elses social concerns. Grow up and take care of your own lives. We have been relegated to voting on nothing but BULLSH**. Prior to the Obama admin, we had to base all of our decisions on WAR and defense.. its always something either way to deter from sh** that really matters.

    Nobody in this country needs anymore hand outs. We are already bleeding to death. Make it stop.
    Paying for someone else's healthcare? So just let homeless people die? What if you get sick and lose your health insurance? Or lose your job? What about handing out organs based on who can pay the most? Yeah all those people hoping for cancer so they can get their free handout. Every single modern free voting first world country has universal health care. It was a disgrace that the U.S. didn't have universal health insurance. Thankfully Obama is heading us in the right direction.

    You also pay for police? Do you have police insurance? Government has a role in public safety. Health care is a public safety issue and should be paid for through taxes like medicare. Excessive government spending for non essentials is another matter entirely.

    This is a surfing forum. Go elsewhere. Edit: Oh I just realized this was posted in non-surf related.
    Last edited by shark-hunter; May 10, 2013 at 12:59 AM.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by zrich View Post
    Where do you get this crap?

    Total births in CA for 2011 = 502,023. http://www.dof.ca.gov/research/demog...ctions/births/

    Estimated births to illegals in all of the US (granted it's from 2009, but I doubt the current number is much different) = 350,000. http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/15...united-states/
    Here is an article with a lot of information. It isn't the entire state of California. Sorry I misquoted since I read the article a long time ago. Rather, it's several hospitals in California and Texas that say 70% of the babies are to illegals. I'm sure that's fine with you. Do you know how much it costs to have a baby delivered in a hospital? Many of these hospitals have shut down because of it. The article shows the costs of illegals and the drain on the econonmy. We spend 29% (100 billion) of our education budget on anchor babies. sickening. All of these stats and it's a liberal media source. Numbers are probably higher.

    The article below also explains that the 14th amendment was for slaves when they had children. It wasn't designed to be used by illegals to get benefits. Repeal this amendment.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michea...b_1343158.html
    Last edited by barrels4liam; May 10, 2013 at 02:49 AM.

  4. #64
    Liam it sounds like you just printed out the script from a mancow or rush Limbaugh show. I'm calling you out: AGE AND OCCUPATION

    because I have a sneaky feeling that you are like 17 years old and live at home in a nice nieghborhood.

    and for a control, I voted for Ron Paul and I think that Obama is and was an awful president. I couldn't even take Romney seriously.
    Last edited by leethestud; May 10, 2013 at 12:19 PM.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    2,976
    everybody should read this: http://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-11-318SP

    prime example of what is wrong with government today.

    PS--Shark-hunter, if Obamacare is so great why are costs skyrocketing and the number of exemptions to his political cronies growing? Shouldn't there be NO exemptions if it was this awesome panacea?

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Jupiter, FL
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post

    PS--Shark-hunter, if Obamacare is so great why are costs skyrocketing and the number of exemptions to his political cronies growing? Shouldn't there be NO exemptions if it was this awesome panacea?
    Lol, this is funny, and next you'll tell us how bad the economy is...as the markets set new highs, unemployment falls, housing purchases are on the rise....stop reading so much propaganda and open your eyes....if Obamacare was killing the medical industry, then explain their record growth over the past 2 years...

    5325241_13637238887157_0.jpg

    Facts are facts jack, most people in this country are making money right now, if you're not.....might need to look in the mirrior and quit blaming Obama.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    2,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Lol, this is funny, and next you'll tell us how bad the economy is...as the markets set new highs, unemployment falls, housing purchases are on the rise....stop reading so much propaganda and open your eyes....if Obamacare was killing the medical industry, then explain their record growth over the past 2 years...

    5325241_13637238887157_0.jpg

    Facts are facts jack, most people in this country are making money right now, if you're not.....might need to look in the mirrior and quit blaming Obama.
    Nice deflection but you avoided the question. Why so many exemptions?

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by barrels4liam View Post
    I will find the studies and post them. You do know that it's more expensive per illegal to stay here than to actually deport them. Right? Also, they broke the law and came here illegally. Do you know how many are criminal, rapists, pedophiles? Do you know how many carry diseases? No, because they came here illegally. My ancestors came here legally. I repeat legally. I don't care if it's easier. There is a waiting process for immigrants and these people deserve to go to the front of the line. What about the people who follow the legal process and wait years? It's fine for someone to jump the border and cut them in line. Get your head out of your ass. Oh, I forgot you live in Brooklyn with the hipsters and the filth.
    Did I or did I not say illegal immigration was a problem? I said it was and then merely suggested that it might be more effective to give illegals a path to citizenship rather than spending hundreds of billions deporting them and creating a lot of negativity within immigrant communities (legal and illegal). In the short run, it might be "cheaper" to deport people, but you risk creating some serious ill will among their legal immigrant friends and families. Are there criminals among them? Sure, but there are plenty of criminals among every race and class (even middle class white surfers). I'm sure there are plenty of hard working people among the illegal immigrant population that are just trying to make a better life for their children - just like our ancestors did.

    Also, I did not say that they should skip to the front of the line in terms of citizenship. I said create a path. Of course anyone currently waiting to become a citizen should get the opportunity before someone who came here illegally. Make it so that illegals can get a tax ID number and pay taxes and become part of productive society. Should violent criminals be deported? Yes.

    In the future, do yourself a favor and don't resort to ad hominem arguments. It only serves to undermine your real point and make you look petty. Yes, I live in Brooklyn. I loathe hipsters because for the most part they are lazy, non-productive leeches that do nothing but drive up rents in neighborhoods that used to be working class. We don't need anymore organic pickle farms.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    Liam it sounds like you just printed out the script from a mancow or rush Limbaugh show. I'm calling you out: AGE AND OCCUPATION

    because I have a sneaky feeling that you are like 17 years old and live at home in a nice nieghborhood.

    and for a control, I voted for Ron Paul and I think that Obama is and was an awful president. I couldn't even take Romney seriously.
    Lee, that is a liberal media source not Rush the retard. There are plenty of other sources. Why don't you just look. I'm sure you are an illegal or you employ them. That's why you don't debate it. You benefit off of them. Did you see the facts in the paper or do you need the director of foreign affairs to actually speak with you directly. Keep drinking the cool aid.

    I'm 39. I"m a marine biologist and also have a real estate license. I only make a modest living in a blue-collar neighborhood. I do see illegals looking for rentals that qualify for big section 8 housing first hand. Others don't even have a SSN. They get mad when I ask for an SSN for a credit check. Sorry, no SSN and drivers license, no rental. See you! Go find a slumlord. I'll protect my client's house from people where we can't even verify criminal history.

    Lee, what is your occupation and how old are you? Please show some pics of you surfing. I'm sure you shred or wait were you called out for being a poseur.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by barrels4liam View Post
    Here is an article with a lot of information. It isn't the entire state of California. Sorry I misquoted since I read the article a long time ago. Rather, it's several hospitals in California and Texas that say 70% of the babies are to illegals. I'm sure that's fine with you. Do you know how much it costs to have a baby delivered in a hospital? Many of these hospitals have shut down because of it. The article shows the costs of illegals and the drain on the econonmy. We spend 29% (100 billion) of our education budget on anchor babies. sickening. All of these stats and it's a liberal media source. Numbers are probably higher.

    The article below also explains that the 14th amendment was for slaves when they had children. It wasn't designed to be used by illegals to get benefits. Repeal this amendment.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michea...b_1343158.html
    Where did I say any of this was fine with me? You say you've read all these studies and spout various vague statistics about illegal immigration. I take 2 minutes to look into one of these so called statistics and find that you were completely wrong. In the future, if you going to say things like, "Stats show...", make sure they actually show that. Again, your undermining yourself when you say something and anyone who is willing to take 2 minutes to look into it can find that it's not true.