LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Right or Left

Quote Originally Posted by barrels4liam View Post
    It's bought out by corporations.
    Solution - flat corporate tax rate with no deductions. Takes the power away from politicians - no $ = no favors.

Images
    Remember fellas ........attack the issues not each other. Thank you. You guys are the creme of the crop on this site. Behave yoursleves in a dignified manner. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Not deflecting, you're just harping on a minor issue....I'm showing you the macro-view of it....we can sit here and pinpoint irregularities or hypocrisy of both parties if you pull out the microscope....The overall health of the economy and healthcare industry profits are both on the upswing...so whats the problem?

Nothing's perfect my friend, especially in politics, but to harp on exemptions when it comes to Obamacare and ignore the infinite amount of corporate tax exemptions is a bit one sided...you're essentially beef in that poor, uneducated people are bleeding us dry...but I'd beg to differ....

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articl...aks.aspx#page1

Combine corporate tax breaks of $180 billion last year and the ultra-inflated military budget...you're talking big money...

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/...l_fy12bs12012n

Read between the lines my friend, you are so concerned about low level healthcare exemption yet have no problem pouring tax dollars into and inflated military and allowing the corporate tax rate to be butchered to death with "exemptions" and loopholes....this even bring up another argument....the greatest joke in American politics....Reaganomics. (i.e. trickle down taxation)

By Reagan's logic, the lower the corporate tax rate the more money they have to hire and research, yet starting in Januray 2008 corporate tax rates were slashed and yet unemployment rose significantly and corporate profits followed suit. You, seem to like Reagan, as did I, when I was 18 and naive. However, a little research into issues such as: Iran Contra, Inslaw Affair, and the Saving and Loan Scandal, may open your eyes a bit, but I doubt it.

Look, I'm a registered LIB, so def not an Obama supporter, but I still can't let you get away with grossly blaming him for all that is wrong in your life. Once again, most people are making money right now (especially the Health Insurance companies you empathize with so much) so whats the problem...some low income citizen exemptions that are dwarfed by the corporate and military machine? Idk seems illogical to me...but what the hell do I know!
    still deflecting.

Money in politics is driven by one thing....career politicians. they need ever increasing money to keep their jobs as well as 'bringing home the bacon' which leads to bloated budgets and serious inefficiencies.

PS- i actaully hated Reagan when I was 18 because i was stupid and had no idea that liberalism doesn't work in the real world. Plus I was a poli sci major who thought he knew everything. when I started to earn a living and saw how much the government was taking from me is when I became conservative.
    Last edited by aka pumpmaster; May 10, 2013 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    still deflecting.

Money in politics is driven by one thing....career politicians. they need ever increasing money to keep their jobs as well as 'bringing home the bacon' which leads to bloated budgets and serious inefficiencies.

PS- i actaully hated Reagan when I was 18 because i was stupid and had no idea that liberalism doesn't work in the real world. Plus I was a poli sci major who thought he knew everything. when I started to earn a living and saw how much the government was taking from me is when I became conservative.
    I was the opposite. I became an engineer, had a love of science, noticed the republican party was generally against most research I supported, then I stopped being a conservative. That, on top of experiencing the true religious right in the south, which does make up a fair amount of the GOP. Liberalism and Libertarianism can and do work. Conservatism doesn't work, as it is riddled with religion based social issues. Romney/Ryan were a good example of this. If we could get the religious crazies out of the GOP, they might actually gain more support.
    I still hate Reagan. His war on drugs has cost many lives and tons of tax payer money with no results.

don't lump liberal with libertarian, they are polar opposites. Agree with the religious crazies though but i think as more young libertarians come of age that will change.

from a TRUE conservative:

"I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in "A," "B," "C" and "D." Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me?
    And I am even more angry as a legislator who must endure the threats of every religious group who thinks it has some God-granted right to control my vote on every roll call in the Senate. I am warning them today: I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of "conservatism."" Barry Goldwater
    Last edited by aka pumpmaster; May 10, 2013 at 04:55 PM.

still deflecting.

How am I deflecting? You just want to harp on one thing like it's the only problem out there. I conceded you may be right about lower class exemptions, didn't I? My point is that you're focusing on the tip of the iceberg, If that was the only issue then why aren't countries like Venezuela and China (countries that essentially ignore the poor) destinations for you conservatives? Like I said no system is perfect, not even Reagan's. I would argue that they wouldn't need to "bring home the bacon" if corporate america would actually pay the 35% tax rate assigned to them. (I agree this is too high of a rate, however, it's grown that high because of the amounts of loopholes and exemptions created by corporate lobbyist...let alone this is the country where these companies make the most money, so maybe they should pay that high of a rate, totally different debate). Please aka, you have to take a wider look at this issue and how it pertains to many other issues in our government right now...it's a domino effect.

Ok, good for you, I said "I" was 18 when I liked Reagan, so by your logic I was ahead of the curve, no? Point was, and still is, you have come to love Reagan and his corruption plagued past. Talk about deflection, why didn't you address any of the anti-Reagan(omics) points I made.

I'm glad you grew up and decided for yourself, you would rather see this country ran as a corporation rather than a republic, I just don't agree.
    Last edited by Kyle; May 10, 2013 at 11:22 PM. Reason: I wasn't high the first time

don't lump liberal with libertarian, they are polar opposites. Agree with the religious crazies though but i think as more young libertarians come of age that will change.

from a TRUE conservative:

"I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in "A," "B," "C" and "D." Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me?
    And I am even more angry as a legislator who must endure the threats of every religious group who thinks it has some God-granted right to control my vote on every roll call in the Senate. I am warning them today: I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of "conservatism."" Barry Goldwater
    I didn't say they were the same. I said they can both work. The both appeal to large groups. As long as the GOP is ruled by the religious right, I can promise you those young people will remain libertarian, even as they grow up.