LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Taking off a winter wetsuit...

I've been wearing it all season, now how the hell do you get these things off?

Front zip requires me to pull down one sleeve until I can get an elbow free. Then I can take it off fairly easily from there. What I don't like is I usually end up with one sleeve inside out and one not after taking my wetsuit off completely. Then I need to reinsert into a wet arm to get the entire wetsuit inside out, which is not fun after you're already dried off. The only back zip I have anymore is a short-sleeve full. Much easier to get in and out of, but also easier for your ****-head friends to pull down your zipper when you're out in the lineup.

Images
    Roll the bottom of your ankles inwards then fill with some water and when you go to take out your leg they come right off

Quote Originally Posted by NeilSurf View Post
    Roll the bottom of your ankles inwards then fill with some water and when you go to take out your leg they come right off
    Ok, I couldn't find any water nearby so I improvised with some Hawaiian punch it worked quite well.

Has anyone ever tried the inverted coat hanger trick without the duct tape?

KookieMonster,
    You might as well keep it on. Winter will be back next year! Didn't they teach you that on mean streets of Sesame?

Images
    I have a flash bomb 5/3. Suit is awesome, but super hard to get off... especially with numb fingers.
    But, I wont worry about that again until December. Thinking about shedding the 4/3 for the 3/2 next time out on a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I have a flash bomb 5/3. Suit is awesome, but super hard to get off... especially with numb fingers.
    But, I wont worry about that again until December. Thinking about shedding the 4/3 for the 3/2 next time out on a nice day.
    Went with the 3/2 last weekend, and was totally fine. 5ml on the booties and 3 ml on the gloves. Felt great to take the hood off.

My son has been using a well worn 3/2 for a few weeks. Of course his only other choice was a 5/4. He wasn't too chilled after an hour + last night.

Images
    surfer ventnor pier this week 3/2 no gloves and was good. i have the 5/4 flash bomb and its a nightmare to get off.

Images
    nice, fellas, Im definitely charging the 3/2 next session.