LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Robert August @ Suncoast Surf Shop, Treasure Island

I wasn't able to make it as I had prior engagements but was anybody on here fortunate enough to meet the legend?

Pics from the other day (05/09/13)

http://www.gulfster.com/Daily/2013Pi...3RobertAugust/

Anybody? StuckontheGulf you make it down there?

ran into him at this little restaurant down in Tamarindo 2 years ago, he was leaving as we we're pulling in...wish we had have got there a couple minutes earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    ran into him at this little restaurant down in Tamarindo 2 years ago, he was leaving as we we're pulling in...wish we had have got there a couple minutes earlier.
    That's cool, if I had heard about it a few days in advance I probably would have made it over there, but didn't find out about it till the day of so I was already committed to something else that night. Not many chances to meet a guy like that, especially round here.

Images
    ive met him before i was surfing down aroundthe tamarindo area and talked with him for a few minutes. really cool guy.

Great pics, thanks for sharing!

Images
    Ever since he sold out and opted to have his boards manufactured in CHINA, he lost legend status. His claim to fame used to be the Endless Summer, a great surf film. Now his claim to fame is selling out in the name of money.

American ingenuity, American materials, local shapers.
    Last edited by LickMyFootDirtbag; May 14, 2013 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LickMyFootDirtbag View Post
    Ever since he sold out and opted to have his boards manufactured in CHINA, he lost legend status. His claim to fame used to be the Endless Summer, a great surf film. Now his claim to fame is selling out in the name of money.

American ingenuity, American materials, local shapers.
    I'm pretty sure he' still a legend regardless of what you think.

Images
    DawnPatrolSUP, you make a great point. It's clear you're an excellent judge of character. Don't forget to light a new stick of incense on your shrine to another great "legend" ...OJ Simpson. I know you're crossing your fingers that he gets the retrial he's requesting... and it's televised.

My apologies if my comments offended your skewed sense of merit. You can now return to watching your Tivo'ed episodes of the Kardashians, and biting your finger nails.
    Last edited by LickMyFootDirtbag; May 16, 2013 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LickMyFootDirtbag View Post
    DawnPatrolSUP, you make a great point. It's clear you're an excellent judge of character. Don't forget to light a new stick of incense on your shrine to another great "legend" ...OJ Simpson. I know you're crossing your fingers that he gets the retrial he's requesting... and it's televised.

My apologies if my comments offended your skewed sense of merit. You can now return to watching your Tivo'ed episodes of the Kardashians, and biting your finger nails.
    Pretty odd retort there bud, not sure what your getting at here. I don't pay attention to anything on TV other than sports and weather. Does it bother you that he's accomplished more in his life than you'll ever dream of? Is that the issue here?