LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    We have bees out the yay. They love the marsh flowers. It is some of the best tasting honey you can get. I would love to have a hive for honey production, but they would probably hate my smoked meat obsession. That smoker scares all the bees away.

Monsanto= everything that is evil in this world.

BTW, if you want to learn about non-conspiracy/Monsanto based reasons for the reduction in bee population, here is a good article with references: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0607142357.htm

And here is a more recent article that contains research on other man made causes (mostly urbanization and climate change): http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0304161621.htm

Climate change?

I think it's kool aid which you are brew engineering.

others contend that cell phone towers are contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Climate change?

I think it's kool aid which you are brew engineering.
    Roy, I apologize for not blindly accepting bullsh1t conspiracy theories like some uneducated buffoon. It is a character flaw I have as a R&D engineer. If we are going to have conspiracy theories on here, it is my right to present the other side, which is the side of scientific research. I also misquoted the article (or gave a misleading synopsis). Climate change is a reason for southern native bees moving to Northeastern climates, not the actual cause of reduced numbers. Urbanization and mites tend to be the main links to reduced populations in the articles. These are just a couple core links that have been researched and documented, not the only reasons for population decrease.

Sorry for the interruption, Mr. Stewart/Stuart. Please feel free to return to your regularly scheduled tin foil hat circle jerk now.
    Last edited by brewengineer; May 14, 2013 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    others contend that cell phone towers are contributing.
    I have not seen any research that showed this, but would love to read more. The ultra low powered cell signals have been to blame for many things, since their invention and wide spread use. But even the original claims around cell phones causing brain cancer have been debunked after years of studies and research.

according to this,
    http://inhabitat.com/its-official-ce...-killing-bees/
    it's official.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post

Roy, I apologize for not blindly accepting bullsh1t conspiracy theories like some uneducated buffoon.
    But you are a buffoon, and your climate change cliche IS a conspiracy theory.

The folks I mentioned in my neighborhood lost a hive last fall due to some kind of fungus. It's back in action now, though.

Roy, Climate by it's very nature is in constant flux and change. Now, you can argue the cause ad nauseum, but you can't deny that climate has, does and will continue to change over time. It did before humans, it does now and it will surely continue to after our species is long gone.

To lump the two separate debates together as you did creates a blatant logical fallacy..... but that's pretty much par for the course for you, so I'm not all that surprised.