LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rip Curl Rocks!

Hybrid View

Rip Curl Rocks!

I tore my 6/5/4 Rip Curl winter suit a few weeks back and knew it was beyond my skills to fix. So I shipped it to their service center. Suit was 3 years old and way past the warranty coverage so I was quoted a price and I agreed to it.

I just received my wetsuit back, and thereís something missing... An invoice for the repairs!

Iím assuming this was on purpose because Rip Curl is the BEST wetsuit company on the planet. And why Iíve worn nothing but Rip Curl for over 25 years.

The repairs are AWESOME! Having the suit repaired at this level of quality will allow me to enjoy the warmth and flexibility of this 6/5/4 suit for many more winters here on the East Coast.

Great job, innovative products and OUTSTANDING customer service - Rip Curl ROCKS!

Images
    Right on, Rip Curl is the best. They even used to sponsor Tom Curren.

Quiksilver sucks. Why buy a wetsuit from a clothing company?

RIP CURL......RIP CURL.......RIP CURL.......(EVERYBODY) RIP CURL........RIP CURL.........RIP CURL......

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Right on, Rip Curl is the best. They even used to sponsor Tom Curren.

Quiksilver sucks. Why buy a wetsuit from a clothing company?

RIP CURL......RIP CURL.......RIP CURL.......(EVERYBODY) RIP CURL........RIP CURL.........RIP CURL......
    I actually love Quik wetsuits... And as I have posted on this forum in the past. I brought my Cell 4, 5 and 5 model back to my surf shop 5 years in a row after the winter season. And Quiksilver did not repair anything for free, they simply sent me back a brand new wetsuit, every single time. I sh** you not. I didn't pay for a new 4/3 for 5 straight years. The one they sent me last year is still in pretty mint condition...

So while Ripcurl is awesome, I can't be mad a quiksilver. They make sick wetsuits and as far as the company is concerned, anyone who give out free wetsuits year after year because of general surf wear and tear is awesome...

I think they may have hooked me up a little extra because every year, I would enclose a letter, giving feedback on what was working on the wetsuit and what wasnt... Like in the old cells' they had these vertical lines on the back panelling, and every year that was the first thing to go... After 2 years, they had changed the design. Im sure im not the only one. But i gave them feedback on their product from a surfer who surfed in it for hours, every single day. Thats the problem with all the wetsuit R&D. They get all their R&D from pros who wear the suits for 6 sessions then get a brand new one...

But anyway, long story short is that Quiksilver kicks ass as a company too in my opinion... The only ripcurl suit I purchased back in 02 or so didn't hold up through a whole season.

Many,many moons ago their was a young lad on here who raved about Hyperflex.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    Many,many moons ago their was a young lad on here who raved about Hyperflex.
    i kinda miss matt.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    i kinda miss matt.
    Ya,He threw a positive vibe on the site.Im sure he's still stalking wearing hyperflex riding a bing.

Dude, they STILL sponsor Curren! Hell, they even drag him out of his cave for some surfing in front of a camera once every blue moon or so.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Dude, they STILL sponsor Curren! Hell, they even drag him out of his cave for some surfing in front of a camera once every blue moon or so.
    Oh yeah? I did not know that. Well heck, that makes Rip Curl that much cooler. And you know he hates being dragged out of his cave. Ahhh, American world champs. Thoughtful, silent recluses or bald, "renaissance man," egotripper. Remember Hawaiins aren't Americans or so they say........

Imagine Thomas on Baywatch...........

I don't get into celebrities much, but I just love Tommy Curren..........He was mysterious and odd. Kelly is boring as it gets. No, I'm not talking aboot surfing.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Oh yeah? I did not know that. Well heck, that makes Rip Curl that much cooler. And you know he hates being dragged out of his cave.

I don't get into celebrities much, but I just love Tommy Curren..........He was mysterious and odd. Kelly is boring as it gets. No, I'm not talking aboot surfing.

bill, you know tommy recently made an album? "in plain view", it's called. pretty damn good, i must say.

i love my rip curl suits...always have treated me well.

interesting historical tidbit: rip curl started making wetsuits as a way to promote their surfboards b/c that's where their focus was. they were a board company first, wetsuits second originally.