LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Rip Curl Rocks!

  1. #1

    Rip Curl Rocks!

    I tore my 6/5/4 Rip Curl winter suit a few weeks back and knew it was beyond my skills to fix. So I shipped it to their service center. Suit was 3 years old and way past the warranty coverage so I was quoted a price and I agreed to it.

    I just received my wetsuit back, and thereís something missing... An invoice for the repairs!

    Iím assuming this was on purpose because Rip Curl is the BEST wetsuit company on the planet. And why Iíve worn nothing but Rip Curl for over 25 years.

    The repairs are AWESOME! Having the suit repaired at this level of quality will allow me to enjoy the warmth and flexibility of this 6/5/4 suit for many more winters here on the East Coast.

    Great job, innovative products and OUTSTANDING customer service - Rip Curl ROCKS!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Right on, Rip Curl is the best. They even used to sponsor Tom Curren.

    Quiksilver sucks. Why buy a wetsuit from a clothing company?

    RIP CURL......RIP CURL.......RIP CURL.......(EVERYBODY) RIP CURL........RIP CURL.........RIP CURL......

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    Dude, they STILL sponsor Curren! Hell, they even drag him out of his cave for some surfing in front of a camera once every blue moon or so.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    in the grace of the most holy FSM
    Posts
    3,263
    i love my rip curl suits...always have treated me well.


    interesting historical tidbit: rip curl started making wetsuits as a way to promote their surfboards b/c that's where their focus was. they were a board company first, wetsuits second originally.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Dude, they STILL sponsor Curren! Hell, they even drag him out of his cave for some surfing in front of a camera once every blue moon or so.
    Oh yeah? I did not know that. Well heck, that makes Rip Curl that much cooler. And you know he hates being dragged out of his cave. Ahhh, American world champs. Thoughtful, silent recluses or bald, "renaissance man," egotripper. Remember Hawaiins aren't Americans or so they say........

    Imagine Thomas on Baywatch...........

    I don't get into celebrities much, but I just love Tommy Curren..........He was mysterious and odd. Kelly is boring as it gets. No, I'm not talking aboot surfing.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    in the grace of the most holy FSM
    Posts
    3,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Oh yeah? I did not know that. Well heck, that makes Rip Curl that much cooler. And you know he hates being dragged out of his cave.

    I don't get into celebrities much, but I just love Tommy Curren..........He was mysterious and odd. Kelly is boring as it gets. No, I'm not talking aboot surfing.

    bill, you know tommy recently made an album? "in plain view", it's called. pretty damn good, i must say.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    i love my rip curl suits...always have treated me well.


    interesting historical tidbit: rip curl started making wetsuits as a way to promote their surfboards b/c that's where their focus was. they were a board company first, wetsuits second originally.
    Rip Curl was a board co first? Wow, I'm learning all sorts of things tonight. Anybody know why I'm so disturbed in the head? Anybody? No?

    To tell the truth NJSurfer42 I have never listened to any of Mr. Curren's music. But thanks for reminding me about that. That is something I'm going to check out because I dig Tom Curren. I haven't payed much attention to music in a long time. So this could put a new step in my strut.

    Well thanks Erock and NJsurfer42 for your information I have came out more knowlegable and with a new thing to check out. And thanks to Gfootr for hailing Rip Curl........

    Hey RipCurl reps or brass.........you seeing this? Throw us a bone for the support...........

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    4,632
    Images
    6
    Good thread...good to know about Rip Curl's customer service and interesting little bit of history there. Hehehe, Thomas.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,274
    Rip Curl DawnPatrol 3/2 is what I have worn for years, still in great shape! By far the best value, great thread too, all kinds a info

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    1,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Gfootr View Post
    I tore my 6/5/4 Rip Curl winter suit a few weeks back and knew it was beyond my skills to fix. So I shipped it to their service center. Suit was 3 years old and way past the warranty coverage so I was quoted a price and I agreed to it.

    I just received my wetsuit back, and there’s something missing... An invoice for the repairs!

    I’m assuming this was on purpose because Rip Curl is the BEST wetsuit company on the planet. And why I’ve worn nothing but Rip Curl for over 25 years.

    The repairs are AWESOME! Having the suit repaired at this level of quality will allow me to enjoy the warmth and flexibility of this 6/5/4 suit for many more winters here on the East Coast.

    Great job, innovative products and OUTSTANDING customer service - Rip Curl ROCKS!
    Agreed +1 When I broke 4 ribs i was wearing mine,Put a hole in my suit and a hole in my back,but I really don't think i would be here If I wasn't wearing it.So yea,they got my support.