LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rip Curl Rocks!

I have all ripcurl suits and no complaint

Images
    I agree that Rip Curl's customer service is great. They fixed my suit, no questions asked, and I've heard others send their suits in for little repairs as well.

I have to agree too. I had a RipCurl Tidemaster watch that I sent to them for service. Well they put all new pins and battery and stuff and I'm happy. I go surfing on the East Coast, after and hour I notice my watch is GONE, fell off. I call them and they take my word for it and send me a NEW watch, no questions asked. I think it might have been because I said "You say it will hold up in Teahupoo but it didn't hold up in poo poo."

Not to be the downer...my rip curl warranty experience was not pleasant. They did not honor the warranty because the receipt was a handwritten receipt (albeit with the surf shop's name on the top!)

Went Xcel and I'm not going back.

not a fan of xcel, it seems like their neoprene degrades so quickly.. while i think this is a silly thread my ripcurl 3.2 was reasonably inexpensive and is very light and comfortable.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Right on, Rip Curl is the best. They even used to sponsor Tom Curren.

Quiksilver sucks. Why buy a wetsuit from a clothing company?

RIP CURL......RIP CURL.......RIP CURL.......(EVERYBODY) RIP CURL........RIP CURL.........RIP CURL......
    I actually love Quik wetsuits... And as I have posted on this forum in the past. I brought my Cell 4, 5 and 5 model back to my surf shop 5 years in a row after the winter season. And Quiksilver did not repair anything for free, they simply sent me back a brand new wetsuit, every single time. I sh** you not. I didn't pay for a new 4/3 for 5 straight years. The one they sent me last year is still in pretty mint condition...

So while Ripcurl is awesome, I can't be mad a quiksilver. They make sick wetsuits and as far as the company is concerned, anyone who give out free wetsuits year after year because of general surf wear and tear is awesome...

I think they may have hooked me up a little extra because every year, I would enclose a letter, giving feedback on what was working on the wetsuit and what wasnt... Like in the old cells' they had these vertical lines on the back panelling, and every year that was the first thing to go... After 2 years, they had changed the design. Im sure im not the only one. But i gave them feedback on their product from a surfer who surfed in it for hours, every single day. Thats the problem with all the wetsuit R&D. They get all their R&D from pros who wear the suits for 6 sessions then get a brand new one...

But anyway, long story short is that Quiksilver kicks ass as a company too in my opinion... The only ripcurl suit I purchased back in 02 or so didn't hold up through a whole season.

Many,many moons ago their was a young lad on here who raved about Hyperflex.

Images
    I haven't had a suit, but the 5mil booties I got from them leaked after a month and
    They wouldn't take them back. The gloves I got from them are less than a year old
    And the thumbs are worn through. Ill never buy from them again

Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    Many,many moons ago their was a young lad on here who raved about Hyperflex.
    i kinda miss matt.

Quote Originally Posted by petesmith View Post
    I haven't had a suit, but the 5mil booties I got from them leaked after a month and
    They wouldn't take them back. The gloves I got from them are less than a year old
    And the thumbs are worn through. Ill never buy from them again
    After buying RC suits - and gloves/boots for over 25 years, I can say the suits still rock, and the OLD boots / gloves did rock. But the Newer ones just don't hold up. So I switch to Oneills - crap. Then xcel - crap.

No one makes em like they used to.
    Last edited by Gfootr; May 16, 2013 at 07:18 PM.