LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Images
    If you guys think you have it bad in jersey with the "beach clubs" come visit Hilton Head Island... Its ridiculous. 99.9% of all beaches on the Atlantic side are all private. Whether it be a gated community of mansions or the beach clubs... Its nuts. I mean, NUTS! Luckily damn near the only place that breaks here is on a public beach, but man... it makes me wonder whats going on all up and down the island.. There have to be so many other waves out there when a swell hits. I am sure people have their secrets... But all these mansion are vacant aside from 1 month out of the year... I have NEVER in my life seen a city or town sell out to this extent. Its unreal. And the fact that they are all called "Plantations" on an old slave island gives me the creeps. Only in the south I guess.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    If you guys think you have it bad in jersey with the "beach clubs" come visit Hilton Head Island... Its ridiculous. 99.9% of all beaches on the Atlantic side are all private. Whether it be a gated community of mansions or the beach clubs... Its nuts. I mean, NUTS! Luckily damn near the only place that breaks here is on a public beach, but man... it makes me wonder whats going on all up and down the island.. There have to be so many other waves out there when a swell hits. I am sure people have their secrets... But all these mansion are vacant aside from 1 month out of the year... I have NEVER in my life seen a city or town sell out to this extent. Its unreal. And the fact that they are all called "Plantations" on an old slave island gives me the creeps. Only in the south I guess.
    hell you can get into sea pine for 10$ or shipyard for if yeah tell them you are going to sonesta free daily pass or your going to play golf. but tbh there are no real stand out places maybe jacana and burkes. idk how long youve been here but when we had really deep tide pools there was some fun inside sections to the waves.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    what's a beach club?
    i was gonna ask the same thing - and I was born and raised on the Jersey Shore. i googled it and i never saw anything like that where I grew up (AC). like a shoobie farm.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    all i can say is that's f***ed. sorry for the language but this kind of stuff pisses me off, trying to own and regulate mother nature. is there no way to surf those beaches or is the water theirs too? here on lbi a lot of the mansions on the north end want their private beaches back so they put "no access" or "private" signs in front of their expensive little drives. i'm pretty sure it's perfectly legal to use those streets since they're well, streets, so i make it point to drive right up them to check the surf even if the owners are sitting outside.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    what's a beach club?
    fist pump!