LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Mine: 5/4/3, 3/2, 5 mil. gloves, 6 mil. gloves, 6 mil. booties, 3 mil. booties, coupple rash guards, couple pairs of trunks, 6'1'', 7'10'' log, 9'4'' log.

Ideal: 6/5/4, (new) 3/2, more trunks, wetty jacket, spring suit, 5'11'', 6'1'', 9'4'', beater, and and SUP.

minimum: a surfboard.

Minimum: 5/4/3 Hood, 3/2, 2/2 spring suit, 2 mm tank, 7 mm booties, 5 mm lobster claws
    Minimum quiver: log, 6'2" squash, 6'9" pintail

Ideal: 5/4/3 Hood, 4/3, 3/2, 2/2 spring suit, 2 mm long sleeve, 2 mm tank
    7 mm booties, 5mm booties, 3mm booties, 7mm mittens, 5mm lobsters, 3mm gloves
    Ideal: 5'9" fish, 6'2" squash (with back-up), 6'5" pin tail, 6'10" pin tail, 7'6 pintail, log

Live/Surf in NJ, travel to CR and Nica frequently, 5'10" 180lbs, surfing 20+ years

Images
    4/3 mutant is great, like two suits in one 5mil booties + gloves
    3/2 + 3mil booties
    2 mil top

5'8" Fish
    6' 6" Zero
    9' Log

This is my ideal minimum.

Adding to it a SUP and probably a more high performance board soon... just for fun.
    I have tried to get to "a minimum" and constantly accumulate boards. I think I'm going to give up on keeping the quiver thin.
    Quiver.jpgQuiver2.jpgquiver3.jpgQuiver4.jpg

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by revelwoacause View Post
    minimum: a surfboard.
    Thank you...these "minimum necessary" quivers that contain four surfboards and four wetsuits kind of crack me up. Hits a bit close to home.

I've got at least a dozen boards, and probably have at least three of them that if i had to only surf that board for the next year, it wouldnt be a major issue.

just a surfboard is not enough to surf year round. in the northeast, you need at least 2 wetsuits, one with hood, plus at least one pair of boots and gloves. I agree that more than 1 surfboard is really unnecessary. what I think is interesting is what people would pick for that one board. I would err on the longboard side so that I could still surf small days. Some people would rather just skip small days altogether if they had to make that choice and keep the shortboard and only surf occassionally.

Wetsuit: front zips 4/3 hooded, 3/2, spring, shorts, rash guard. booties: 7 ml round 5ml split, gloves: 5ml, 3ml. extra hood with shirt t go underneath. under armour.
    Boards: 9 ft, 7 ft 7 fish 7'2 fish, 7'10 pin fish are the do all boards.
    Your choice of boards anywhere you travel

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    Thank you...these "minimum necessary" quivers that contain four surfboards and four wetsuits kind of crack me up. Hits a bit close to home.
    well, the question did contain the phrase, "to surf year round". a surfboard & a pair of trunks might be all that's needed if you live someplace like costa rica or hawaii, but certainly not here in the northeast/midatlantic region.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    well, the question did contain the phrase, "to surf year round". a surfboard & a pair of trunks might be all that's needed if you live someplace like costa rica or hawaii, but certainly not here in the northeast/midatlantic region.
    Thats true about the wetsuits. Definately need the 5/4 and the 3/2 and 5mm gloves and boots.
    But definately could get by with one board all year. In my quiver right now i have a 5'10" Chemistry Disk quad and a 6'2" Jon Ashton 6'2" quad fishy nose/bat tail. If I surfed 100 days last year, 90-95 of them would have been fine with either of those boards.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    who said anything about trunks? I surf in the nude. minimum.