LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 81
  1. #21
    Dude probably deserverd to get tased...

    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=g...&v=zHrEe1mOVZ8

    I guess this shouldn't be taken seriously either cuz it's not on the news.

  2. #22

    Gerson Therapy

    [QUOTE=archy;167486]COFFEE ENEMAS?

    Gerson therapy is the scientifically unproven quackery of a hack doctor and his progeny; it has even led to multiple deaths. I'm sure you believe there's a conspiracy afoot to prevent this miracle cancer cure from cutting into big Pharma's profits... but the simple truth is that it's an ineffective and dangerous 'treatment'.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Ger..._note-nci-hp-1

    Skepticism is valuable Archy, but you should probably stop worrying about the effects of irradiated seas and start worrying about the effects of snake oil consumption.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Might want to read this:
    I apologize for the satire. Just because you can take some scary guy on YouTube serious does not make the issue not relevant relevant. That might be a character flaw of yours. Not everything comes in a glossy package. I have a hard time taking politicians serious even though they wear nice suits and ties. Come on, look at all the crap that is being surfaced in the White House in the past few days. Just because Obama is the president does not mean I had to take him seriously. It's obvious the man is a liar and scum. getting back to the creepy YouTube guy I think he brought up some very good points. One being the cover of of the Fukushima disaster and the miss information that is being put out by people that we should supposedly take seriously.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    610
    [QUOTE=Slashdog;167495]
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post

    COFFEE ENEMAS?

    Gerson therapy is the scientifically unproven quackery of a hack doctor and his progeny; it has even led to multiple deaths. I'm sure you believe there's a conspiracy afoot to prevent this miracle cancer cure from cutting into big Pharma's profits... but the simple truth is that it's an ineffective and dangerous 'treatment'.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Ger..._note-nci-hp-1

    Skepticism is valuable Archy, but you should probably stop worrying about the effects of irradiated seas and start worrying about the effects of snake oil consumption.
    Wikipedia is not a valid form of information. Anybody can go on there and write what they want and edit and reedit the page. Coffee enemas yes they are scientifically proven to rid the body of toxic accumulation in the large intestine. Toxin accumulation is accredited to many causes of illness.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    610
    [QUOTE=Slashdog;167495]
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post

    COFFEE ENEMAS?

    Gerson therapy is the scientifically unproven quackery of a hack doctor and his progeny; it has even led to multiple deaths. I'm sure you believe there's a conspiracy afoot to prevent this miracle cancer cure from cutting into big Pharma's profits... but the simple truth is that it's an ineffective and dangerous 'treatment'.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Ger..._note-nci-hp-1

    Skepticism is valuable Archy, but you should probably stop worrying about the effects of irradiated seas and start worrying about the effects of snake oil consumption.
    By the way I think and you would probably agree that chemo therapy is a very dangerous treatment and does more harm than good to the body. Radiation treatment for cancer kills all cells in the body not just the bad ones.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    610
    [QUOTE=Slashdog;167495]
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post

    COFFEE ENEMAS?

    Gerson therapy is the scientifically unproven quackery of a hack doctor and his progeny; it has even led to multiple deaths. I'm sure you believe there's a conspiracy afoot to prevent this miracle cancer cure from cutting into big Pharma's profits... but the simple truth is that it's an ineffective and dangerous 'treatment'.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Ger..._note-nci-hp-1

    Skepticism is valuable Archy, but you should probably stop worrying about the effects of irradiated seas and start worrying about the effects of snake oil consumption.
    By the way I would trust the Gerson therapy before any other doctor or hospital. Almost 1,000,000 people a year die from malpractice and unsanitary hospital conditions in the United States.

  7. #27
    here's some non video info. Still pretty scarey. probably more so with my imagination being like it is.

    http://www.globalresearch.ca/fukushi...ve-water/31200

    http://science.time.com/2013/05/01/l...-is-faltering/
    "But it’s not funny, not really, because the consequences of the meltdown and TEPCO’s mismanagement are very real. The latest threat comes from nearby groundwater that is pouring into the damaged reactor buildings. Once the water reaches the reactor it becomes highly contaminated by radioactivity. TEPCO workers have to pump the water out of the reactor to avoid submerging the important cooling system — the plant’s melted reactor cores, while less dangerous than they were in the immediate aftermath of the meltdown, still needed to be further cooled down. TEPCO can’t simply dump the irradiated groundwater into the nearby sea — the public outcry would be too great — so the company has been forced to jury-rig yet another temporary solution, building hundreds of tanks, each able to hold 112 Olympic-size pools worth of liquid, to hold the groundwater. So TEPCO finds itself in a race: Can its workers build enough tanks and clear enough nearby space to store the irradiated water — water that keeps pouring into the reactor at the rate of some 75 gal. a minute? More than two years after the tsunami, TEPCO is still racing against time — and just barely staying ahead."

    Read more: http://science.time.com/2013/05/01/l...#ixzz2TZlhray1

    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/30/wo...anted=all&_r=0

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    Dude probably deserverd to get tased...
    Are you kidding me? The police broke the law. They entered with out a warrant. The people that were teased had their hands in the air. they were non-threatening. If you think they deserve to get tazed then you must be a power hungry cop yourself.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,687
    [QUOTE=archy;167498]
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashdog View Post

    Wikipedia is not a valid form of information. Anybody can go on there and write what they want and edit and reedit the page. Coffee enemas yes they are scientifically proven to rid the body of toxic accumulation in the large intestine. Toxin accumulation is accredited to many causes of illness.
    If you are allowed to link to youtube, he is allowed to link to wiki. At lease wiki gives you reference links for your own research, which is something you lacked in your OP.

    http://www.cancer.org/treatment/trea...gerson-therapy

    I trust clinical trials before I trust made up field claims and hearsay.

    "Because of this, the best evidence suggests eating a balanced diet that includes 2 and cups or more a day of vegetables and fruit, choosing whole grains over processed and refined foods, and limiting red meats and animal fats as well as alcohol. Choosing foods from a variety of fruits, vegetables, and other plant sources such as nuts, seeds, whole grain cereals, and beans is likely to be healthier than consuming large amounts of one particular type of food. Based on currently available evidence, diet is likely to play a greater role in preventing cancer than in treating it."

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,687
    Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    here's some non video info. Still pretty scarey. probably more so with my imagination being like it is.

    http://www.globalresearch.ca/fukushi...ve-water/31200

    http://science.time.com/2013/05/01/l...-is-faltering/
    "But it’s not funny, not really, because the consequences of the meltdown and TEPCO’s mismanagement are very real. The latest threat comes from nearby groundwater that is pouring into the damaged reactor buildings. Once the water reaches the reactor it becomes highly contaminated by radioactivity. TEPCO workers have to pump the water out of the reactor to avoid submerging the important cooling system — the plant’s melted reactor cores, while less dangerous than they were in the immediate aftermath of the meltdown, still needed to be further cooled down. TEPCO can’t simply dump the irradiated groundwater into the nearby sea — the public outcry would be too great — so the company has been forced to jury-rig yet another temporary solution, building hundreds of tanks, each able to hold 112 Olympic-size pools worth of liquid, to hold the groundwater. So TEPCO finds itself in a race: Can its workers build enough tanks and clear enough nearby space to store the irradiated water — water that keeps pouring into the reactor at the rate of some 75 gal. a minute? More than two years after the tsunami, TEPCO is still racing against time — and just barely staying ahead."

    Read more: http://science.time.com/2013/05/01/l...#ixzz2TZlhray1

    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/30/wo...anted=all&_r=0
    Thanks man, that is some good info.

    I am pretty sure this is horrible for the local marine ecology. I don't think we have much to worry about over here. The dispersion throughout the Pacific likely reduces active isotope concentration down to basically nothing. If I were living in a coastal japanese city, I would be a little scared.
    Last edited by brewengineer; May 17, 2013 at 06:45 PM.