LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

PR gas chambers?

does anyone know what the bottom is like at gas chamber? like does it have reef and rocks or is it sand bottom?

Images
    Reef (coral,sharp rocks)

1) It is located in the town of aguadilla on the west coast of the island. It is easy to locate because it is right by the west side's best known beach (crash boat). just ask for directions to crash boat beach. when you get there stand on the pier, facing the water and look to your right. You will see were the beach ends and the rock wall begins. That's were gas chambers is, right there in front of that wall.(remember this is a break that breaks about 6 times a year so dont be mad if its not breaking. But if it is you will have the ride of a lifetime in a tube that actually breaks in a oblong square shape due to the fact it throws the lip way-out with insane force; be very careful because there is a backwash and if it hits the tube while your in it, kiss your ass goodbye

2) Gas Chambers in Atlantic is a quite exposed beach and reef break that has unreliable waves. Summer in particular tends to be flat. Ideal winds are from the northeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells A right hand reef. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It's sometimes crowded here. Take care of urchins, rips and rocks

Good Luck..

ohh i wish it was sand bottom. but thanks.

Not a whole lot of sand bottom in PR.

super fickle suuuuuuper crowded and super sick when its on plan on about 3 to 10 waves in a good all day sess unless you wanna charge the backwash barrels

I charge backwash barrels while benching... ah never mind.

Images
    catmaster, curious as to why you'd ask...do you plan on hitting bottom?
    (this last winter was a bad year for Gas chambers- the biggest swells didn't have the right direction- and it's sponger localized as h#ll-- good luck getting a wave on a shortboard)

yea i've just seen some good vids of the place and it looks fun but didn't see anybody get too deep there and it looked liked there were some brown circles in the waves so i thought that meant that it was a sand bottom if there was sand that rose to the top. but now i see why no one tried to get deep since there is reef at the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by catmaster2 View Post
    yea i've just seen some good vids of the place and it looks fun but didn't see anybody get too deep there and it looked liked there were some brown circles in the waves so i thought that meant that it was a sand bottom if there was sand that rose to the top. but now i see why no one tried to get deep since there is reef at the bottom
    I was there.. apparently it needs to be absolutely maxing everywhere else for the swell to wrap in there unless its a swell from the west. Its so tucked in around the corner its so fickle. And very sketchy reef. Over it.