LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    Images
    Nice! Long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Nice! Long overdue.
    Yeah buddy, Chris Weidman is a young buck who has no clue what he just did, it'll sink in soon enough. Glad he won, he seems rather humble compared to the Spider, and most other Brazillians (minus Axe Murderer, he's a saint)

"The King's English". I think that's toe to toe with NJshred for one-liner of the week, and it was a big week on here for the wit.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Amen brother, i don't wanna toot my horn too much but someone on here can vouch that I called that sh*t... sooo glad he finally got his beating.
    I'm that someone.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    I'm that someone.
    im expecting a rocky2 style rematch.

Hey I feel you. I live in Va beach I have never seen this stuff anywhere but here. I have them work me like that and I just paddle off and look back and they are gone. I am like what the hell man.

Nobody in VA beach will do anything physical to you. Sure you'll get loads of mean looks and snide comments, but generally they're ****ies out there.

Quote Originally Posted by AtanticO View Post
    im expecting a rocky2 style rematch.
    One can only hope, I pray AS comes out guns a blazing and Weidman just plants him again, but late in round 4 or 5. That would be poetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby's nephew View Post
    Nobody in VA beach will do anything physical to you. Sure you'll get loads of mean looks and snide comments, but generally they're ****ies out there.
    I think a lot of people here have never been in a real lineup at a real surf break. I'm not talking a bunch of old dudes singing Kumbaya on their fun boards, hanging out at whatever street happens to be good in your town. Go to Trestles, Steamer Lane, Pipe/Rocky Point, Sebastian Inlet, 1st Street (circa 10+ years ago), or any one of other places where a lot of people regularly go and there are a lot of good/young surfers. You will get hassled. You won't catch a lot of waves. People will paddle inside and block you. There is a pecking order. If you weren't born there it may take a few years until you are somewhat accepted. That's just the way it is. Surfers who grew up around crowded breaks are naturally going to be more aggressive. It's not necessarily that they are being jerks (although there are plenty of them too), it's just how they have been conditioned to catch waves.

Quote Originally Posted by Losttsol View Post
    I think a lot of people here have never been in a real lineup at a real surf break. I'm not talking a bunch of old dudes singing Kumbaya on their fun boards, hanging out at whatever street happens to be good in your town. Go to Trestles, Steamer Lane, Pipe/Rocky Point, Sebastian Inlet, 1st Street (circa 10+ years ago), or any one of other places where a lot of people regularly go and there are a lot of good/young surfers. You will get hassled. You won't catch a lot of waves. People will paddle inside and block you. There is a pecking order. If you weren't born there it may take a few years until you are somewhat accepted. That's just the way it is. Surfers who grew up around crowded breaks are naturally going to be more aggressive. It's not necessarily that they are being jerks (although there are plenty of them too), it's just how they have been conditioned to catch waves.
    Yeah, there is a "pecking order", but it is at best a de facto establishment totally dependent on the participants' willingness to participate. I was born in VB but don't surf 1st St. very often because I think its a bad wave with too many obstacles. But when I do go to that spot, I definitely experience the bad vibes, the dirty looks, the aggressive positioning, etc. I just don't put up with it. That place is completely devoid of ettiquite to the point that I won't respect anyone who doesn't themselves show respect. There are only so many passive aggressive techniques the "locals" can employ to keep you from having a good time. Just don't buy into it. Go to 1st St, snake waves, drop in on people, paddle in front of people to catch waves. If you don't, you'll not catch a single wave andhave a terrible time. Law of the jungle, baby