LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby's nephew View Post
    Yeah, there is a "pecking order", but it is at best a de facto establishment totally dependent on the participants' willingness to participate. I was born in VB but don't surf 1st St. very often because I think its a bad wave with too many obstacles. But when I do go to that spot, I definitely experience the bad vibes, the dirty looks, the aggressive positioning, etc. I just don't put up with it. That place is completely devoid of ettiquite to the point that I won't respect anyone who doesn't themselves show respect. There are only so many passive aggressive techniques the "locals" can employ to keep you from having a good time. Just don't buy into it. Go to 1st St, snake waves, drop in on people, paddle in front of people to catch waves. If you don't, you'll not catch a single wave andhave a terrible time. Law of the jungle, baby
    That's why I said "10+ years ago". 1st Street has devolved and ability or experience has nothing to do with what takes place there now. Also like you said, it's not that great of a wave anymore.

HAha these 1st street posts...

It will make you a better surfer if you can learn to cope with that IMO. Competition...its the American way.

Hey,lets start a communist wave at 5th street (or is that Croatan?)!

Everyone deserves to have food, job, kids, opinions, rights, ext...NOOO!

That's it! I am taking this thread over...when time permits. I will become the SwellInfo dictator. Its not capitalized because there will be more of us! Then there will be a SwellInfo War!

The frontlines are your local breaks starting at 1st street VB. I call on all with a Megadolonic Roy Stuart boards to run over all of the gromulons and all other collateral over only to turn on them and make the break mine!

or PLAN B...I go Start Wars on your break and roll through with my clones. Wouldn't that be sweet? Even that movie Multiplicity with a surfing twist. Just like a hydra...take out one and more will come.

Do you want to surf with me? Hey I just finished work for the day! Would you like to do some 2 feet @ 10 sec waves at low tide? Let's chase the surf schools away (even thought they leave in 5 minutes). This will be the first victory.

cksdhk;hg;dfsang;jdhfgdfg;kdhfgkh

Images
    People from the Midwest, north,south,west, and east. I run philly

Quote Originally Posted by ocsurf32 View Post
    People from the Midwest, north,south,west, and east. I run philly
    Frank Reynolds? Is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by KillaKiel View Post
    HAha these 1st street posts...

It will make you a better surfer if you can learn to cope with that IMO. Competition...its the American way.

Hey,lets start a communist wave at 5th street (or is that Croatan?)!

Everyone deserves to have food, job, kids, opinions, rights, ext...NOOO!

That's it! I am taking this thread over...when time permits. I will become the SwellInfo dictator. Its not capitalized because there will be more of us! Then there will be a SwellInfo War!

The frontlines are your local breaks starting at 1st street VB. I call on all with a Megadolonic Roy Stuart boards to run over all of the gromulons and all other collateral over only to turn on them and make the break mine!

or PLAN B...I go Start Wars on your break and roll through with my clones. Wouldn't that be sweet? Even that movie Multiplicity with a surfing twist. Just like a hydra...take out one and more will come.

Do you want to surf with me? Hey I just finished work for the day! Would you like to do some 2 feet @ 10 sec waves at low tide? Let's chase the surf schools away (even thought they leave in 5 minutes). This will be the first victory.

cksdhk;hg;dfsang;jdhfgdfg;kdhfgkh
    I'm with ya brother!! The first time somebody says "hey bro how bout sharing' that person is going to get blocked all day long!!

Think of 1st as a 30 minute heat, paddle, snake (or be snaked). Depends on my mood I guess or how many people I recognize.

Practice for the tour maaaan! 30 guys on a 30 yard sandbar? No prob..longboarders coming in at 12oclok, gunz a-blazin, love it

Really - I try to stay humble in the line-up, maybe in a few more years I'll have something to show, until then I'll paddle hard, be cool and stay stoked.
    Last edited by Kuono; Aug 8, 2013 at 12:37 PM. Reason: coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Kuono View Post
    Think of 1st as a 30 minute heat, paddle, snake (or be snaked).

Practice for the tour maaaan! 30 guys on a 30 yard sandbar? No prob..longboarders coming in at 12oclok, gunz a-blazin, love it
    It's like Nam, man, there are no rules.

I've seen rival crowds at "destination" spots too, and the same always stands: There is almost always a similar, lesser known, uncrowded wave nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    It's like Nam, man, there are no rules.

I've seen rival crowds at "destination" spots too, and the same always stands: There is almost always a similar, lesser known, uncrowded wave nearby.
    This place sounds like a lotta fun, maybe they should hand out weapons to everybody on the way in to the lineup so everybody can club one another off of waves rather than paddle battles and stink eye competitions

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    This place sounds like a lotta fun, maybe they should hand out weapons to everybody on the way in to the lineup so everybody can club one another off of waves rather than paddle battles and stink eye competitions

Why is it that everything you say greatly worries me lol. I'm keeping any blunt / sharp objects the hell away from you if you're at my breaks! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Indirect View Post
    Why is it that everything you say greatly worries me lol. I'm keeping any blunt / sharp objects the hell away from you if you're at my breaks! Lol
    Probably for the best HAHAH Nah, it's just my dry / sarcastic sense of humor, it catches most people off guard till they get to know me