LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by supa76 View Post
    im from vb and totally agree.rotfl.weve got some of the best waisthigh wonders around.live 5 min from beach and surf in vb maybe three times a year usually when it finally gets good then its pretty much a blast to paddle out in the pack and watch all the waist high slop chargers get there asses handed to them.donkeys. would rather make the two hour drive for solitude and quality waves but we go down every swell and do our homework so when its on were not all coralled at the stress turns being that guy.guess id be that guy to if i was stuck here and never got any waves pooor baastards

I'm a major **** now anytime I paddle out in VA beach. All of the punks, young and old alike, will take one look at my grizzly mean mug and just stay away. They can't hang with my relentless paddle to beat the sideshore current. Nothing I hate more than a day of good spread out swell with no sideshore current, lots of kooks in the line up then that would've otherwise gotten blasted down the beach within five minutes of approaching me. I actually add to the sideshore current by pushing so much water behind me while I work against it. It's a certified 5 mph faster right behind me, although if you stay in my wake I've heard it's like nascar drafting. Of course you have to have the balls to keep the peddle to the metal.

I remember one day I paddled out in the OBX and my ankle was busted from jumping out of a truck that was moving the night before. I actually would've landed running but I hit a pothole and twisted my ankle on the dismount. Anyway though this punk kid starts saying "locals only", we are on pea island there are no real locals and most of them are my descendants from VA so I didn't know what this guy was talking about. I was basically maimed out there with one good leg so I was having problems. Eventually I sat inside and late dropped lazily into a barrel and got spit out and came back to the lineup and this kid was telling his buddy how I Just got spit out in front of him while he was paddling out. No more locals only talk, this guy actually came over and gave me a pat on the ass and said nice job. I told him, "whoa bud, i don't know how y'all do thing down here in the sweet south but I'm not john wayne." He just laughed and shook his head disappointingly and we shared waves the rest of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by wontonwonton View Post
    Really agressive shortboarders who are surfing like they have something to prove. You can just tell by the way they paddle and get all big and have that look.

Or people who get all agressive and paddle for a wave only to back off last minute. Many waves wasted by people calling you off then bailing. If I see a guy blow a wave once or twice he cant be trusted with a good wave hell probably waste another one. There arent that many good waves and its sick when people get good rides but when they fall on every wave thats it for them.
    so what you're saying is you're perfect and never blow any waves and believe you have a right to take anyones wave if they mess up once or twice?

That's the way of it brinestein. You surf near a charger and you need to be charging or move along. Nothing worse than the guy who paddles deeper than you and then blows the set waves. Listen, I would've dropped in anyway because they paddled around me to get on the peak, but when they blow legitimate set waves with lackadaisical paddling and then act like they are disappointed they missed the set when really their balls were taped to the deck and they were never even going to try to make the drop... don't be that guy. If you're that guy you're gonna have a bad day.

yousaid it couldnt agree more it sucks that it has come to this but in vb sounds like we have the same game plan 1000 yrd stare and wear the guy next to you out so lame but at this point almost unavoidable lol and to the second part of the story i cant even tell you how many times the same **** has happened to me funny how people change there tune once you pull in deeper than them again donkeys some exceptions for sure but mostly donkeys the deserving ones usually let their surfing do the talking and maybe its coisidence but ive never had a problem with any of them

rotfl tooo true again donkeys i tell ya donkeys

too the pump fakers that is gotta love the priorty paddlers that pretend they wanted the wave ahhhhh the true donkey in alll its glory

been in the ocean up my street 50 years.no one surfs here except literally a couple guys occasionally, i surf totally alone 90% of the year,then invaders come memorial day-labor day,except a few early birds,but with sandy+ everyone blowing up bay head/now sspk replaced the pier that's not happening.the crowds are only summer during the day and weekends,and before 10 and after 4 when it's usually better most are nowhere to be found,so i got it pretty good,but there are those moments.when some invader paddles anywhere near me it's not good,because some internal,involuntary thing says 'where are you all fall winter spring and why don't you go back there?
    1.invaders
    2.invaders
    3.invaders
    when i go anywhere else i stay out of everyone's way and show total respect in case they are local,because it's not my break,and they don't need my company.either paddle out and surf with me here all fall winter spring every year or stay where you are those 10 months or stay away from me and show some respect.

Anyone who doesn't love it enough to tough it out for winter surfing, especially girls.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Iloveswell View Post
    I think the worst in NJ would have to be bodyboarders between the ages of 9-15. Anyone under nine usually cant paddle out in big surf and anyone over 15 has the ideas of how a lineup should work. These senseless idiots all carpool here by their milf mama in a ****in 80-seater minivan, talk most ****, ditch their boards when paddling out, are obnoxious as ****...They see a head high set rollin thro and all the sudden the nimrods get their pussies wet screamin tsunami and so on...Oh and you cant forget how they think they run the show calling other people off when paddling for a wave? doing the normal drop heads while im bomb running down the line, sitting inside of you to block you and other douchebag moves in the lineup...I usually have patience for so long but the best way to deal with this is ride real aggresive, paddle right thro their cat lounge like a ****in bear, and if they drop in on me its fine i ride like i dont see you but if you end up with three fin slices in your back dont come *****ing to me
    Ahh, that was a good one. Kudos. Salud. Cheers. The line aboot carpooling by a milf in an 80 seat minivan was a good one.

And....the Vah Beachers in OBX is classic. I've always found that one amusing. I've never had any problems with Va Beachers when I lived in the banks. I actually like Va Beachers. And the VA Beachers might have an attitude down in the banks because they are "City Folks" whose area brings all the drugs to the Outer Bank's.....so that gives them some cred in their minds. And Outer Banks folks just love their psychoactive substances excpet for the hardcore Bible thumpers. Oh, watch out if you go to those outer banks of North Carolina. I hear the have gangs around there now. Very scary. Plus, they have just discovered heroin down there in the last decade. Many of these gang members hail from extremely dangerous places like Elizabeth City, which is just off-the-charts in the ganking scale. Be careful.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by northendcanyon View Post
    That's the way of it brinestein. You surf near a charger and you need to be charging or move along. Nothing worse than the guy who paddles deeper than you and then blows the set waves. Listen, I would've dropped in anyway because they paddled around me to get on the peak, but when they blow legitimate set waves with lackadaisical paddling and then act like they are disappointed they missed the set when really their balls were taped to the deck and they were never even going to try to make the drop... don't be that guy. If you're that guy you're gonna have a bad day.
    Hahaha I like this guy...gotta say if a dude near me blows a few set waves and I'm in position for the next I'm at least gonna start to paddle in case he doesn't make it...I pull back if he does but nothing worse than watching a sweet wave that you coulda had go unridden.