LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Today we got dealt waist high clean and offshore, air temp 84. Whatcha got?
    Rain, thunderstorms, and knee-high waves. I know, we rule.

Actually, Friday and possibly Saturday will be clean, waist high, with high 80's air temps. And the best part will be the 75F water temp.

We won't hit 75 'till August.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    All good man, wasn't asking you that question to bait you or anything... was just wondering, because if you base your experience in Florida off Cocoa and South, you are missing the boat. You do know it's more consistent up North right? Jacksonville / Mayport Poles, New Smyrna / Ponce Inlet, Flagler Pier, these are some spots you should check out next time you decide to make a visit.
    i know you're not baiting ,just discussing. but i did a seach here on swell info of photos of first place you mentioned, jacksonville. 4 photos of just some regular surf. then i searched the first place that popped in my head when i thought good jersey, Deal. do that and compare and tell us what you think. also wher have you surfed in jersey? again not baiting just wondering.
    Last edited by Peajay4060; May 21, 2013 at 07:23 PM. Reason: your/you're

Images
    We've been getting waist high waves in Delmarva pretty much since last Friday. The water has reached 60, air temps in the 70s. I've surfed in a 3/2 without boots for the past three or four sessions over a couple weeks...as far as I'm concerned...thats warm enough. But yeah...we wont be trunking it till mid June this year.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    We've been getting waist high waves in Delmarva pretty much since last Friday. The water has reached 60, air temps in the 70s. I've surfed in a 3/2 without boots for the past three or four sessions over a couple weeks...as far as I'm concerned...thats warm enough. But yeah...we wont be trunking it till mid June this year.
    We were at 60 in the water a few months ago. Your forecast is a lot nicer than ours:
    http://www.swellinfo.com/surf-forecast/delaware

However, New Smyrna is pretty good too, with added warm water bonus.
    http://www.swellinfo.com/surf-foreca...smyrna-florida

born and raised cracker, beautiful water. FLORIDA ALL THE WAY! (nuclear plants every 50 yards in nj) did i mention the crazy people lurking behind every ferris wheel on the jersey shore?

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay4060 View Post
    i know your not baiting ,just discussing. but i did a seach here on swell info of photos of first place you mentioned, jacksonville. 4 photos of just some regular surf. then i searched the first place that popped in my head when i thought good jersey, Deal. do that and compare and tell us what you think. also wher have you surfed in jersey? again not baiting just wondering.
    You won't find much footage of JAX on the interwebs, it's not as popular and well documented as New Smyrna and some of the other areas. From what I understand (from a buddy who lives there) there are quite a few "secret" spots that aren't talked about much but i'm told they go off as good as anywhere in Florida / Jersey. I personally I don't go any further North than Ponce Inlet typically, plenty of footage of that place if you look around. To answer your question i've never surfed Jersey, never had the desire, just seen lots of videos and pics over the years and talked to yous guys. I'm sure it's more like splitting hairs when it comes down to it honestly, and we all love our hometown (most of us anyways), so to each their own right?

http://www.swellinfo.com/surf-foreca...lifornia-north

The Cali guys must get a kick out of the old NJ vs FL thread.

what if I told you that Jesus was just standing on a sandbar

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    We were at 60 in the water a few months ago. Your forecast is a lot nicer than ours:
    http://www.swellinfo.com/surf-forecast/delaware

However, New Smyrna is pretty good too, with added warm water bonus.
    http://www.swellinfo.com/surf-foreca...smyrna-florida
    Yeah Friday is looking good for up here...chest high and clean just like last Friday.

But believe me i'm not making the case for Delaware in the NJ/FLA debate. Delaware has always been inconsistent and we've lost 2/3 of our decent breaks to beachfill in the past 10 years.