LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 171
  1. #161
    the ironic thing in all this is that i've always called florida the nj of the south and have found the beach towns of both to have a very similar vibe..

  2. #162
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    I've always wanted to go to Charleston, South Caroliny. I've just had a feeling aboot the place. And that Conroy dude's South of Broad was just fantastic. I reckon it's the most charming southern city and it has ghosts and shoot. Yeah, a bit too warm for my liking as I can melt in the heat because of my alcoholic Irish roots. But yeah......

    Yeah, I think it's time to say goodbye to Nueve Yersey. I don't know if it's age or what, but I'm getting complacent. Like dudes, there have been waves all this week(nothing exciting though) and I'm all, I'm like, "Ahhhh, I'll just wait for Friday after that tornado front pushes on out......." That's not good. Hey anybody in Halifax want to adopt me?

  3. #163
    In the 2 years I lived in charleston, I don't remember it getting horribly hot or as humid like other places in the south. I was actually surprised how consistently good the temps were; not too hot, not too cold. I guess it's the micro climate from being so close to the ocean and all the water flowing around the islands. Savannah georgia is a similar, yet smaller and even more charming city with decent surf nearby...but, if you're a heavy duty jersey guy with all the baggage that can carry, you'll stick out like a sore thumb
    Last edited by waterbaby; May 22, 2013 at 04:31 PM.

  4. #164
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,665
    Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    In the 2 years I lived in charleston, I don't remember it getting horribly hot or as humid like other places in the south. I was actually surprised how consistently good the temps were; not too hot, not too cold. I guess it's the micro climate from being so close to the ocean. Savannah georgia is a similar, yet smaller and even more charming city with decent surf nearby.
    Savannah is Charleston's twin. Not as much war-time history, IMO, but it feels very similar. I agree with the heat comment. Sure, it gets hot and humid, but the water regulates the temps well. I used to live in Richmond, and it was way hotter there in the summer. July is sometimes nasty, but April, May, September, and October are mild and perfect. Quality of life has always been generally better in the southern coastal areas. Less seasonal depression probably helps with that.

  5. #165
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monmouth Beach, NJ
    Posts
    2,497
    I love Savannah... make sure I stop there for at least a night every trip down to FL. Huey's for breakfast! And it's a short stretch from there to my favorite surf spots in northern Florida.

    PJB... if you're into your Gaelic heritage, Halifax is the place to be. The music scene alone is worth the trip, but there's excellent surf all around the province.
    Last edited by LBCrew; May 22, 2013 at 04:56 PM.

  6. #166
    I was thinking about taking the family to Savannah this weekend, but all the nice hotels in historic downtown are booked.

    Last time I've been there was during St Patricks day 6 years ago, Good Times!

  7. #167
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,665
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    I was thinking about taking the family to Savannah this weekend, but all the nice hotels in historic downtown are booked.

    Last time I've been there was during St Patricks day 6 years ago, Good Times!
    Don't go to Charleston. It is the friggin Spoleto festival.

  8. #168
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Carolina Beach
    Posts
    852
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Great Spanish food of all types, seafood is excellent too, what part of Florida was is?
    I was all over the state - Jax, Tampa, Orlando, Ocala, Daytona, West Palm, Lauderdale, Miami...anywhere there is a race track haha. The Homestead/Miami area has the best food though. I wish I could find that stuff up where I live.

  9. #169
    When I surf Florida again I'll let you guys know whats better!

    This thread was great though.

  10. #170
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,452
    Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    I was all over the state - Jax, Tampa, Orlando, Ocala, Daytona, West Palm, Lauderdale, Miami...anywhere there is a race track haha. The Homestead/Miami area has the best food though. I wish I could find that stuff up where I live.
    That's covering some ground there, you in sales or something? Lots of mom and pop shops though, they got the best stuff.