LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 171
  1. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by travy View Post
    florida sucks. the wide continental shelf sucks the life out of every swell that passes through and other than hurricanes it's mainly play waves. floridians do have a code red sized inferiority complex as evidenced in this thread however. and anyone touting the gulf should just kill yourself now. seriously..
    You know not what you speak of, there is no problem with swell getting through the shelf, don't know where you came up with that one. And as for the Gulf, nobody is "touting" it, I was just including it in the discussion as it is part of Florida and it does get waves, not as frequent, but shoot, even pros descend on the Gulf when it's going off, don't kid yourself. I admitted that is normally sux, but it comes to life every now and again, there is plenty of pics and videos to back that up.

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Not angry a bit, and I'm aware of the origin of the quote, doesn't make it any less lame. Maybe you don't get my brand of sarcasm, wouldn't be the first. You remind me of the loudest guy at the bar, always rambling on about something but is usually wrong and never stops talking because he wants the attention of those around him, All the while just being loud and wrong. Don't get me wrong, you amuse me at times but on this one you are talking out your ass. The comment about mush burgers and rednecks wasn't directed at you necessarily it's more or less the generalization made by those who have something negative to say, so I threw it in there, didn't mean to confuse you old fella, hey one more thing, ole boy had a point about not including the Gulf coast of Florida, although it does suck most of the time, it does have its moments every year that are just as good as anywhere on the east coast. But it does make up about half of our coastline, so it is what it is, is it fair? No it's not fair, but I don't make the rules.
    Honey I get sarcasm and would bury you in a sarcasm ho down. But sarcasm is usually meant to insult. So......I responded as so. Is that ok?

    Jeez, and we were getting along so well the past weeks.

    Yeah dude, I'm loud and don't know what I'm talking aboot. Right..............Well maybe some day I'll be as all-knowing as yourself. Yeah, getting attention on the internet is the greatest thing in the world. Ummm, I'm pretty mellow on here as of late, ese.

    See, here's another reason Jersey rules: You say a few things about someone else's state and they get bent, but y'all take cracks at Jersey all of the time. But that's cool because we can handle it.

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I hear ya, everybody has their opinion, and don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that Jersey sucks by any stretch, i know you guys get it good up there too, but I think you guys put a little too much emphasis on heavy barrels, sure they are great and all, but there is a lot more to surfing than getting pitted or shacked, I personally enjoy variety, and THAT'S what makes Florida superior IMO. We have so many different types of waves, it's not all barrels all the time, and i'm glad, I like to mix it up a bit. If you know the spots, and don't mind driving a little, this place has it all.
    Oh, it's ok when LBCrew says this stuff, but not me. Ok. No offense to you LBCREW, you know I love you.

    Double standard, huh. Plus, I told people I wasn't being disrepectful to Florida. I said I'd might even consider living there. I claimed the Porky's movies, yet.......

    Yet, you just have to come after me, huh?

    And since I'm a loud-mouth, drunk, at-the-bar, talking smack about stuff I obviously know nothing aboot, I didn't see you refute anything I said, and then people basically say the same thing I did and you agree with them ???

    That's it, you are banned from reading my posts !! For two months then we will have a parole hearing to see your progress.

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    BELMAR, NJ
    Posts
    1,214
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    See, here's another reason Jersey rules: You say a few things about someone else's state and they get bent, but y'all take cracks at Jersey all of the time. But that's cool because we can handle it.
    I just never understood why... why... why people would call us the 'armpit' of ny... i never get it?! call us anything you want, but dont call us an armpit!

    sooo...i have not checked this thread in a few days... and i thought that there would be some sick pics of Jersey waves and some cool pics of FL... but none!!!

    All i can say is that on many many many surf trips- on the last day- i was actually excited to back to jersey in a wierd kinda way... we do get fairly good waves... and even though the crowds stink, its not as bad as some places...where you might get 5 waves in 2 hrs... maybe we dont have the long point breaks or any real reefs, we do have some consistancy... plus there is no place like home... lol

    Oh ya- one more thing- jerseys got juice!

  5. #75
    I think thats a misconception as well. Jersey has heavey barrels, but it's not all heavy barrels... There are different spots that aren't so heavy when i gets bigger.
    Cameras follow the pro's that surf the heaviest spot's for barrel shots. So it appears that every wave is a death barrel. You can surf somewhere not as heavy if you want.
    Plus you have a lot of options with wind direction (in Northern Jerz). Head to LI in an hour for anything North. Stay put for anything west


    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I hear ya, everybody has their opinion, and don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that Jersey sucks by any stretch, i know you guys get it good up there too, but I think you guys put a little too much emphasis on heavy barrels, sure they are great and all, but there is a lot more to surfing than getting pitted or shacked, I personally enjoy variety, and THAT'S what makes Florida superior IMO. We have so many different types of waves, it's not all barrels all the time, and i'm glad, I like to mix it up a bit. If you know the spots, and don't mind driving a little, this place has it all.

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Honey I get sarcasm and would bury you in a sarcasm ho down. But sarcasm is usually meant to insult. So......I responded as so. Is that ok?

    Jeez, and we were getting along so well the past weeks.

    Yeah dude, I'm loud and don't know what I'm talking aboot. Right..............Well maybe some day I'll be as all-knowing as yourself. Yeah, getting attention on the internet is the greatest thing in the world. Ummm, I'm pretty mellow on here as of late, ese.

    See, here's another reason Jersey rules: You say a few things about someone else's state and they get bent, but y'all take cracks at Jersey all of the time. But that's cool because we can handle it.
    Didn't mean to hurt your little feelings, i thought you were tougher than that. Look, when LBCREW says something, it's usually diplomatic and honest, so I gave him a little more latitude on his opinion. You being the self proclaimed "opinionated jerk" didn't get such treatment, and for that I apologize, i'm wrong for picking on you teddy bear. Friends again?

  7. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    You know not what you speak of, there is no problem with swell getting through the shelf, don't know where you came up with that one. And as for the Gulf, nobody is "touting" it, I was just including it in the discussion as it is part of Florida and it does get waves, not as frequent, but shoot, even pros descend on the Gulf when it's going off, don't kid yourself. I admitted that is normally sux, but it comes to life every now and again, there is plenty of pics and videos to back that up.
    maybe next year your science class will cover wave formation. until then, keep thinking the continental shelf isn't sapping the swells coming into florida, kid

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by travy View Post
    maybe next year your science class will cover wave formation. until then, keep thinking the continental shelf isn't sapping the swells coming into florida, kid
    Boy, you sure showed me. Maybe you should sit the next couple plays out Champ, not talk for a while...

  9. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Boy, you sure showed me. Maybe you should sit the next couple plays out Champ, not talk for a while...
    so you're a stand-up paddle boarder? that's actually the perfect equipment for most days in the sunshine state so sorry to call you out like that. you clearly have it wired

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by travy View Post
    so you're a stand-up paddle boarder? that's actually the perfect equipment for most days in the sunshine state so sorry to call you out like that. you clearly have it wired
    I own an SUP yes, on 23 footers at that, I also surf short boards and long boards, what's your point? SUP's are widley popular in Hawaii and around the globe. Lot's of guys killing on them too, getting shacked and pitted all the same. Do I have it wired? IDK, pretty sure i'd out bench you so what does it matter?