LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    This was just on surfline not too long ago, says Florida got the best of it, not the best write up or photo coverage, but a few good ones. I believe it says somewhere that the bouy off canaveral read 15ft, although that translated to mostly 6-8ft with some sets possibly bigger at the best spots, none of which were posted in this article unfortunately.

http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/fl...-photos_95958/
    Nice shots. I love central florida by the way..

The caption to the 2nd picture says:

"the last time the waves were better in Florida than anywhere else on the east coast was last October...the devastasted areas did see a above average winter in terms of surf. Florida? Not so much"

Just wanted to keep this threads vibe going with a video. Be happy, Monsters.

im getting the feeling that some of the folks defending their state may not have surfed enough in the other state.

I don't hail from either but i've surfed in both. been regularly visiting florida for 20 years and surfed from cocoa beach to deerfield during every time of year. been doing the same in jersey except in the summer and all north of manasquan.

i can't see how anyone who has surfed both places alot can say florida has better and more consistent surf. every surfer i know that has moved there has been disappointed.
    Last edited by Peajay4060; May 21, 2013 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    Nice shots. I love central florida by the way..

The caption to the 2nd picture says:

"the last time the waves were better in Florida than anywhere else on the east coast was last October...the devastasted areas did see a above average winter in terms of surf. Florida? Not so much"
    Yeah, wasn't crazy about the article itself, just thought it had a few good pics, I feel we had a great winter here in Florida, I think most who live here would agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay4060 View Post
    im getting the feeling that some of the folks defending their state may not have surfed enough in the other state.

I don't hail from either but i've surfed in both. been regularly visiting florida for 20 years and surfed from cocoa beach to deerfield during every time of year. been doing the same in jersey except in the summer and all north of manasquan.

i can't see how anyone who has surfed both places alot can say florida has better and more consistent surf. every surfer i know that has moved there has been disappointed.
    Fair points, have you surfed any further North than Cocoa in FL?

Images
    Didn't mean to hurt your little feelings, i thought you were tougher than that. Look, when LBCREW says something, it's usually diplomatic and honest, so I gave him a little more latitude on his opinion. You being the self proclaimed "opinionated jerk" didn't get such treatment, and for that I apologize, i'm wrong for picking on you teddy bear. Friends again?
    Well, what was dishonest aboot anything I said? Again, I even made the friggin disclaimer that I'm not trying to offend Floridians. If anything, I was as honest as it gets.

Nahhh, you didn't hurt my "little feelings." It's impossible for practically anyone to hurt my feelings much less on a computer. Dude, I have been surfing Camden, NJ for over twenty years, and did 96 days in the Atlantic County Justice Facility(my own Shawshank Redemption, I became Yard Dog in less than two weeks)......I think my skin is thick enough to handle intranet squabbles. Yeah, unless you're a big African American Muslim, who hates whitey, and wants my pillow.................

I'm not a teddy bear. I am Paddington Bear, also known as Paddington Brown or Mr. Brown. I am not a teddy bear. Plus dude, if you are going to come at me, try a little harder than calling me a teddy bear. New Jersey first graders wouldn't be impressed with that.

Friends again? Well, you apologize, then call me a teddy bear, and then ask to be friends .......all in your last two sentences. I just don't see the sincerity. I just don't see it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    . Dude, I have been surfing Camden, NJ for over twenty years
    Represent!!!!

Fair points, have you surfed any further North than Cocoa in FL?
    no. and i haven't surfed south of manasquan either. but ive been surfing in both states for some time and as im not from either. i don't have any skin in the game. as far as the opinion on the forum my island isnot even in the top 5. and thats fine by me. nothing to see here folks just move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Well, what was dishonest aboot anything I said? Again, I even made the friggin disclaimer that I'm not trying to offend Floridians. If anything, I was as honest as it gets.

Nahhh, you didn't hurt my "little feelings." It's impossible for practically anyone to hurt my feelings much less on a computer. Dude, I have been surfing Camden, NJ for over twenty years, and did 96 days in the Atlantic County Justice Facility(my own Shawshank Redemption, I became Yard Dog in less than two weeks)......I think my skin is thick enough to handle intranet squabbles. Yeah, unless you're a big African American Muslim, who hates whitey, and wants my pillow.................

I'm not a teddy bear. I am Paddington Bear, also known as Paddington Brown or Mr. Brown. I am not a teddy bear. Plus dude, if you are going to come at me, try a little harder than calling me a teddy bear. New Jersey first graders wouldn't be impressed with that.

Friends again? Well, you apologize, then call me a teddy bear, and then ask to be friends .......all in your last two sentences. I just don't see the sincerity. I just don't see it.
    Good! That's the fighting spirit, the force is strong with this one. Listen Bill, that is your name right? Next time I want any sh*t out of you i'll squeeze your head. Nah, just kidding, Momma dukes taught me that one and it just felt appropriate, don't go all "yard dog" on me or anything. So you got some street cred, is that what you're trying to get at here? Proud of being locked up? I sure hope not, my nephew has been in there for the last year or so and it's no picnic.

Truth be told, I'm just having a bit of fun w/you, I don't believe I actually said anything negative ABOOT New Jersey at any time, all I did was defend Florida, because it truly is a great place and wouldn't trade it for anywhere in the world, well except maybe Hawaii, other than that, i'm staying put. As for you moving to Florida, you would love it, it's a beautiful place, and is probably why most everybody who leaves the NE ends up here. I don't know too many people who leave FL to live in the NE, but i'm sure there are the exceptions to the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay4060 View Post
    no. and i haven't surfed south of manasquan either. but ive been surfing in both states for some time and as im not from either. i don't have any skin in the game. as far as the opinion on the forum my island isnot even in the top 5. and thats fine by me. nothing to see here folks just move along.
    All good man, wasn't asking you that question to bait you or anything... was just wondering, because if you base your experience in Florida off Cocoa and South, you are missing the boat. You do know it's more consistent up North right? Jacksonville / Mayport Poles, New Smyrna / Ponce Inlet, Flagler Pier, these are some spots you should check out next time you decide to make a visit.