LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

New board I'm buying

I'm getting ready to take a month long vacation. I need it. Been working 80 hour weeks!! Made tons though. Was wanting to catch real waves not none of these Carolina beach Kure beach Wrightsville beach OBX waves. So I was thinking either California to surf mavericks or Hawaii to hit up jaws. What board should I buy. My last one
    that i ordered a 60″ round pin 18 3/8″ x 2 1/4″ tapered at the rail with a little more volume, 2 3/8″ at the center for the biggest Bells days.

I also have a 61″ x 19 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ Flyer swallow tail
    Along with a laird Hamilton paddleboard.

What board should I get money is not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Busting airs View Post
    I'm getting ready to take a month long vacation. I need it. Been working 80 hour weeks!! Made tons though. Was wanting to catch real waves not none of these Carolina beach Kure beach Wrightsville beach OBX waves. So I was thinking either California to surf mavericks or Hawaii to hit up jaws. What board should I buy. My last one
    that i ordered a 6’0″ round pin 18 3/8″ x 2 1/4″ tapered at the rail with a little more volume, 2 3/8″ at the center for the biggest Bells days.

I also have a 6’1″ x 19 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ Flyer swallow tail

What board should I get money is not an issue.
    Sell your boards. Buy a wavejet.

I have a few of those as well but as more interested in surfing. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Busting airs View Post
    I have a few of those as well but as more interested in surfing. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    I hear the RS Hot Karl board is great at Mavericks. Since you just made all that money, you should be able to afford the down payment.

[QUOTE=Busting airs;167881]I'm getting ready to take a month long vacation. I need it. Been working 80 hour weeks!! Made tons though. Was wanting to catch real waves not none of these Carolina beach Kure beach Wrightsville beach OBX waves. So I was thinking either California to surf mavericks or Hawaii to hit up jaws. What board should I buy. My last one
    that i ordered a 60″ round pin 18 3/8″ x 2 1/4″ tapered at the rail with a little more volume, 2 3/8″ at the center for the biggest Bells days.

I also have a 61″ x 19 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ Flyer swallow tail

What board should I get money is not an issue.[/QUOTE A guy of your caliber I really don't think it matters,Im sure you will be killing it no matter what you ride.

Images
    Go custom brahh...especially if you're gonna hit Mavs.

Get a 7'6' funshape. That is the best board to learn on.

the shred machine would do it on a skim board, poseur

Im sure youll do fine surfing mavs on a six ft board. plus its a pintail so theres absolutely nothing to worry about

Why not give Jeff Clark himself a call, and have him shape you a custom. If it works for Grant Washburn, it'll work for you.