LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Wilmington NC

Images
    Ahh the Wilmington, NC ghettos............Probably pretty cool places.

Anyways, for those who are considering the Wilmington area as a new home, consider this you SOB's:

Take Swellinfo's delightful forum and use it as a microcosm for the east coast. Pretty much all of the Southern North Carolina guys on here are respectful, intelligent, seemingly friendly and down-to-earth. You bunch them up with the South Carolina contingent, and you are looking at the classiest group of shred hounds on here. And they are surfers !!!! Imagine how sophisticated the rest of the population is. Go figure.......So take that for whatever it's worth.

My Lord what happened to the Northeast? Where did we go wrong? We used to dominate economically and politically, and now our greatest contribution to the nation is Snooki, Pauly D, and Shredmachine.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Ahh the Wilmington, NC ghettos............Probably pretty cool places.

Anyways, for those who are considering the Wilmington area as a new home, consider this you SOB's:

Take Swellinfo's delightful forum and use it as a microcosm for the east coast. Pretty much all of the Southern North Carolina guys on here are respectful, intelligent, seemingly friendly and down-to-earth. You bunch them up with the South Carolina contingent, and you are looking at the classiest group of shred hounds on here. And they are surfers !!!! Imagine how sophisticated the rest of the population is. Go figure.......So take that for whatever it's worth.

My Lord what happened to the Northeast? Where did we go wrong? We used to dominate economically and politically, and now our greatest contribution to the nation is Snooki, Pauly D, and Shredmachine.
    Glad we don't get 23 footers down here, would hate to see the NJShredMachine hogging all of our waves. And I have never had or seen any conflicts in the water. Maybe some d-baggery by warm water UNCW students or tourists, but good vibes at topsail, cb, wb, etc...

Try Sunset Park...its not Landfall, but it isnt Creekwood and if you want to check it out and not get high and mighty about what neighborhood is more diverse than others go to Wilmington Police Department's Website and look for the Crimestat link.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfish View Post
    Try Sunset Park...its not Landfall, but it isnt Creekwood and if you want to check it out and not get high and mighty about what neighborhood is more diverse than others go to Wilmington Police Department's Website and look for the Crimestat link.
    x2 on Sunset Park, I represent Washington St. WOOT WOOT! Upcoming urban neighborhood being infiltrated by young professionals and young families, nice "old guard" residents reppin it hard and just rough enough around the edges to keep the artists, eclectics and eccentrics around. Affordable prices keeping it diverse, walk across CB Rd to catch a Hammerheads or Sharks game and to Greenfield Lake Amphitheater to catch insanely good live music or bike down to the Satellite and enjoy some tasty suds.

My wife and I are pretty heavily invested in this neighborhood--bought an old house that was about to fall apart and have pretty much rebuilt the entire thing over the past 4 years. PLUS a lot of the degenerate chitt-head slum lords are finally getting their chittholes foreclosed on so hopefully we'll get some more folks who want to come in and restore themselves their own little chunk of awesome.

Images
    Lived in wrightsville beach for a few years. Beautiful place and one.of my favorite surf towns. Ghetto's down there are nothing compared to north philly ( where I live now for school)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ocsurf32 View Post
    Lived in wrightsville beach for a few years. Beautiful place and one.of my favorite surf towns. Ghetto's down there are nothing compared to north philly ( where I live now for school)
    Hey you watch out walking around that Temple..........or maybe LaSalle area, ok dude. Look over your shoulder once in awhile, and don't be like some of the more oblivious students. Get some pepper spray and a whistle..

SSSSSSWWWWWWWW...........SSSSSSSWWWWWWWWWW.....blo w that whistle whenever you see some thuggy guys or girls. Them big North Philly gals can lay a whoopin on a man.

I hope you enjoy your educational experience in the city of brotherly love. I sure did. Though I commuted to West Philly. We had a bar right across campus at 56 St & City Line Ave. I loved that place. Now it's gone. It's not there anymore. It even had a cool name - The Muddy Duck. Like a duck, who's muddy because he's drunk all of the time. Ya know what it is that I be sayin' ?

Sunset Park is a little bit of awesome, moved here last year next street over from you on Sunset.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    x2 on Sunset Park, I represent Washington St. WOOT WOOT! Upcoming urban neighborhood being infiltrated by young professionals and young families, nice "old guard" residents reppin it hard and just rough enough around the edges to keep the artists, eclectics and eccentrics around. Affordable prices keeping it diverse, walk across CB Rd to catch a Hammerheads or Sharks game and to Greenfield Lake Amphitheater to catch insanely good live music or bike down to the Satellite and enjoy some tasty suds.

My wife and I are pretty heavily invested in this neighborhood--bought an old house that was about to fall apart and have pretty much rebuilt the entire thing over the past 4 years. PLUS a lot of the degenerate chitt-head slum lords are finally getting their chittholes foreclosed on so hopefully we'll get some more folks who want to come in and restore themselves their own little chunk of awesome.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Hey you watch out walking around that Temple..........or maybe LaSalle area, ok dude. Look over your shoulder once in awhile, and don't be like some of the more oblivious students. Get some pepper spray and a whistle..

SSSSSSWWWWWWWW...........SSSSSSSWWWWWWWWWW.....blo w that whistle whenever you see some thuggy guys or girls. Them big North Philly gals can lay a whoopin on a man.

I hope you enjoy your educational experience in the city of brotherly love. I sure did. Though I commuted to West Philly. We had a bar right across campus at 56 St & City Line Ave. I loved that place. Now it's gone. It's not there anymore. It even had a cool name - The Muddy Duck. Like a duck, who's muddy because he's drunk all of the time. Ya know what it is that I be sayin' ?
    pepper spray???? more like a ak-47 and body armor. West of Broad above Susquehanna and up and your not coming back alive. Got lost in Fairhill/ West Kensington one day. . . .almost got killed at 11:30 in morning. Love the city though just hope i survive to graduate