LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1

    Friday... Maybe some fun surf for Delmarva

    Anyone else going out Friday ... OCMD .. looking to meet up and surf with some people if the forecasts hold. Its a 2 hour drive for me cause I work in DC, but I have Friday off and want to hit the water before this crowd starts to show its ugly head. PM if you want to meet up.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    4,297
    Quote Originally Posted by ECSurfer View Post
    Anyone else going out Friday ... OCMD .. looking to meet up and surf with some people if the forecasts hold. Its a 2 hour drive for me cause I work in DC, but I have Friday off and want to hit the water before this crowd starts to show its ugly head. PM if you want to meet up.

    New to the site, sportini? I ask this of you only because that green bar that you're salivating over will very likely change hue, and change often, between now & Thursday night.

    Why, you may ask, does that green bar change like a 1960's lava lamp? I'll leave that for others to venture into. I'm not going there.

    I will say that one site that seems relatively straight-up is windguru. If the west wind is on OC & AI, then you may have something to chirp about. Buena suerte.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    5,692
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    New to the site, sportini? I ask this of you only because that green bar that you're salivating over will very likely change hue, and change often, between now & Thursday night.

    Why, you may ask, does that green bar change like a 1960's lava lamp? I'll leave that for others to venture into. I'm not going there.

    I will say that one site that seems relatively straight-up is windguru. If the west wind is on OC & AI, then you may have something to chirp about. Buena suerte.
    That was very diplomatic, I was gonna tweak about the jinx.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    4,297
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    That was very diplomatic, I was gonna tweak about the jinx.
    That was a good one.

  5. #5
    I think I speak for everyone when I say I'm super excited for you to come visit.

  6. #6
    In addition to using the fabulous swellinfo PM asynchronous communication system to ensure there is someone else out in the water besides yourself on Friday, you may want to consider a complementary low tech method, like writing on your car windows with window markers before departing DC ("Going to OC to SURF in 2013! Woohoo! Follow me to FUN WAVES! Honk once if you're horny, twice if you're really horny!"). If you're having problems writing with the window marker, just start asking random graduating hs/college seniors for assistance. They should be able to help.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    4,297
    Your initiation has begun, young ecsurfer. I tried to warn you. Sort of.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Berlin MD
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by SkegLegs View Post
    I think I speak for everyone when I say I'm super excited for you to come visit.

    I think i speak for everyone when i say you are more than welcome to stay in Delaware.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by funkyspec View Post
    In addition to using the fabulous swellinfo PM asynchronous communication system to ensure there is someone else out in the water besides yourself on Friday, you may want to consider a complementary low tech method, like writing on your car windows with window markers before departing DC ("Going to OC to SURF in 2013! Woohoo! Follow me to FUN WAVES! Honk once if you're horny, twice if you're really horny!"). If you're having problems writing with the window marker, just start asking random graduating hs/college seniors for assistance. They should be able to help.
    Well as long as i have stayed away from this site for this exact reason ... i thought i would make an account today and see if anyone on here was worth a s**t ... guess i was right the past couple of years. You guys have no lives. PS i didnt choose to work in DC and I grew up in OC so before you jump to a conclusion that i am some kook just driving down.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    4,297
    Quote Originally Posted by ECSurfer View Post
    Well as long as i have stayed away from this site for this exact reason ... i thought i would make an account today and see if anyone on here was worth a s**t ... guess i was right the past couple of years. You guys have no lives. PS i didnt choose to work in DC and I grew up in OC so before you jump to a conclusion that i am some kook just driving down.
    Ah, jeez kid.

    Yah, we're all not worth shiiiite here, as you say. Just a buncha doods with no lives, hanging out with our wall hangers & subscriptions to 4 surf mags, building massive piles of kindling, waiting on 23' beach break, daring one another to go trunks-only in January on the east coast. (Sigh.)

    Self-validation is a heckuva thing, eh, especially when you're crankin' it in the mirror. Who cares if you chose to work in DC. Why even bring it up. You grew up in OC? What, does that make you a tribal surfer dood?

    No one says you're a kook. Well, yet. Just sayin' that 3 or 4 or even 2 days out is way too early to plan anything but a clambake. And if you, as you claim, had been lurking on this site for the past coupla years (years?! yah ok sure) you would know this. Ain't that right, newb in your NWDC condo?

    So lighten up, Francis. And go watch said movie.