LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11
    Drive down.. I think it will be worth it. It's been fun the last few days (in Monmouth)and it should be a little bigger Friday. Earlier the better as the breeze comes onshore in the afternoon.


    Quote Originally Posted by ECSurfer View Post
    Well as long as i have stayed away from this site for this exact reason ... i thought i would make an account today and see if anyone on here was worth a s**t ... guess i was right the past couple of years. You guys have no lives. PS i didnt choose to work in DC and I grew up in OC so before you jump to a conclusion that i am some kook just driving down.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    Drive down.. I think it will be worth it. It's been fun the last few days (in Monmouth)and it should be a little bigger Friday. Earlier the better as the breeze comes onshore in the afternoon.
    Yeah, Manasquan inlet was pretty good on Monday. Had some nice sets to shred on. Hopefully Fridays just as good.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    2,989
    Quote Originally Posted by ECSurfer View Post
    Well as long as i have stayed away from this site for this exact reason ... i thought i would make an account today and see if anyone on here was worth a s**t ... guess i was right the past couple of years. You guys have no lives. PS i didnt choose to work in DC and I grew up in OC so before you jump to a conclusion that i am some kook just driving down.

    Friday morn in OCMD just went dead red as of now (Tues evening). And it may change umpteen times again by the time Friday rolls around.
    But we're all worthless idiots, as you say, sportcoat. Hey .... let us know how the kindling pile test drives for you on Friday.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In th dune
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    I think i speak for everyone when i say you are more than welcome to stay in Delaware.
    How about you grow a pair and say that in person. And you will find something out about yourself real quick...

  5. #15
    yankee that's a good heads up on the Windguru site. Hadn't seen that one yet and if it's known to be accurate that is a good resource. I check them all. Only thing with Windguru is that it doesn't list some breaks I go to. Have seen some consistency with Surf-Forecast.com with a few breaks I've kept my eye on lately.

    Good use of the Stripes quote. Aside from the entire script of My Cousin Vinny, that's my father's favorite movie line.

    What do the rest of you guys use for accurate forecasting sites or methods? Charts, etc. With good days being fewer and fewer soon out East, knowing the times to hit it is of value and will save some frustration.

  6. #16
    Does anyone pay attention to the kilo Joules in the waves as being predictive to quality of surf? I've noted that over the last couple weeks and it's made a difference in the quality of waves I've sought out at different breaks in the area. I wonder if much higher energy in some waves is as good or better (in different ways) than clean conditions in waves that lack significant energy. There is some good power in the waves tomorrow in RI and I'm trying to determine whether to head down there. It's not the cleanest forecast there but perhaps the net net of riding them is worth the trip for waves that will be present here but in much less power in kJ.

    If you want to daydream, take a look at the kJ in some breaks this week in Australia. Doesn't hurt that they have long period 15 footers with 5mph offshores. Utopia.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    I think i speak for everyone when i say you are more than welcome to stay in Delaware.
    Don't be jealous I picked the right side of the line when it comes to property taxes.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    440
    Images
    25
    it's getting close to summer...

  9. #19
    I was just goofin' on ya, EC. No animosity intended. Thunderstorms in the forecast for Friday, so I will stay close to home and paddle out at 130th St in OCMD, in the AM. No need to PM me - just come on out. The lineup is pretty empty up here in North OC compared to midtown (where it does break better).

    Friday is the last day before OCBP starts guarding beaches daily, so you may as well surf OC.

    Peace and aloha.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    milton delaware
    Posts
    1,371
    Images
    260
    Wednesday in Delmarva wasnt too shabby!