LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Governor Christie

Anyone else get to see Chris cut the ribben in Belmar today.Whats everyone thoughts on him?If you live in Florida feel free to chime in as well.

IMO he did a pretty decent job around here, can't complain a whole lot. He had the balls to stand up to his party when his views didn't line up with theirs, at least that's what I gathered from the situation. Anybody who has the balls to tell either party to go F themselves is good in my book.

Don't know much about his politics. I know he approved the storage/dumping of hydrofacking waste from Pennsylvania in NJ. Pretty lame. My gut tells me if he can't take care of his own personal health, than how can he take care of NJ. Just another criminal politician in my opinion.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    Don't know much about his politics. I know he approved the storage/dumping of hydrofacking waste from Pennsylvania in NJ. Pretty lame. My gut tells me if he can't take care of his own personal health, than how can he take care of NJ. Just another criminal politician in my opinion.
    He speaks his mind but seems to be wishy washy a lot of the time.

I've heard the "He's fat so he must be a bad leader" argument before. And I think it's complete BS every time I hear it. Actions and ideas speak more than body type.

With that being said, I'll bow out of the argument since I'm from SC and was not invited.

Chris Christie is the reason I refuse to move to Jersey, and the reason I moved away from Jersey just months after he came into office.

Okay I was just kidding about all that. I really did move a few months after he came, but it had nothing to do with him haha. I think he's been good I guess.

yeah - with the Sanford situation (as opposed to the Jersey Shore "Situation"), i am not sure SC should critique anyone's leadership.

Christie gets some points for sticking up for his voters versus the party and for some good sound bites. Like most of these guys he is looking out for #1 and will serve the people when those interests coincide. He has made some improvements in the state and probably screwed some things up. He does a good job of the "i'm one of you guys" image. and he was video'd eating a donut just before lap-band surgery.

he is a fatty which does not speak to leadership but certainly to lack of self control

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    He speaks his mind but seems to be wishy washy a lot of the time.

I've heard the "He's fat so he must be a bad leader" argument before. And I think it's complete BS every time I hear it. Actions and ideas speak more than body type.

With that being said, I'll bow out of the argument since I'm from SC and was not invited.

. My gut tells me if he can't take care of his own personal health, than how can he take care of NJ. .
    Bill Parcels,Bill Belicheck,John Madden.Different animal with sports but I don't think just because your an overweight lover in the house they can't make a great leader.Look at Rex Ryan,wait a minute let's forget Rex!anyway you get the point.

I normally don't trust any politicians. They are usually out for themselves and only themselves...
    BUT I think Christie truely cares about New Jersey and wants to do what's best for it's citizens.
    And the fat thing is just stupid. Using that against him just makes you sound like an ignorant. Maybe your gut isn't the best judge of character.

He is super FAT

Christie is a liberal republican. He has to be to get the NJ vote. The guy defintely has balls though. He is one of the better republicans out there in that he will go against the party line on many issues. He epitomizes (did I get that one right Roy Stuart?) some common NJ stereotypes in many ways though. But overall he is decent. I tend to think that with the Obama administration being what it is today with all the scandals, unconstitutional executive orders (like the NDAA & National Defense Resources Preparedness) you can't really go wrong being a republican. But its the total other way when the Rebloodlicans are in office too. They are demonized. So in my opinion...vote Libertarian or Independent.