LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Phil Taylor Custom

Just wanted to post up pics of the beautiful board Phil shaped for me.

I can't wait to try it ou this weekend. Phil makes some damn attractive boards, so hit him up if you are looking for a good deal on a custom.

Nice! (The Gnome will be jealous.)

Dimensions?

Phil is the man. Ripping surfer too. I went to school with him when he was just getting into shaping his own boards, and they rode great even then.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Nice! (The Gnome will be jealous.)

Dimensions?
    6'8" x 21.5" x 2.75"
    It is a performance egg design, made to handle waist mush to head high clean. This board 'aint made for trimming, like David the Gnome's boards. However, since I am just stuck learning how to be a sheep like the rest of the industry, I am sure it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by bungalowparkbob View Post
    Phil is the man. Ripping surfer too. I went to school with him when he was just getting into shaping his own boards, and they rode great even then.
    Phil is a really nice guy. I hope he doesn't mind me saying this, but he actually split the shipping cost with me. As a thank you for being so kind and generous, I am trying to get his boards into my buddy's surf shop.

Images
    Not enough rocker you sheep!

*insert sarcasm emoticon here.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Not enough rocker you sheep!

*insert sarcasm emoticon here.
    We could start a "Needs more rocker" meme with the colorful wetsuit and helmet picture. That will be the official response to all new surfboard design posts.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    We could start a "Needs more rocker" meme with the colorful wetsuit and helmet picture. That will be the official response to all new surfboard design posts.
    That would be fantastic...it'd make a great shirt too.

Beautiful board too btw.

Yeah I agree, Phil's boards look incredible. I was very close to getting a board made from him at the begining of this year but other life costs (thanks sandy you b%tch.) derailed those plans.

The art on the boards look great too.

Nice board! Don't forget to give us a ride report...

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    Yeah I agree, Phil's boards look incredible. I was very close to getting a board made from him at the begining of this year but other life costs (thanks sandy you b%tch.) derailed those plans.

The art on the boards look great too.

Nice board! Don't forget to give us a ride report...
    Thanks. I will report after tomorrow, if we actually get waist high glassy waves. I went out last night in the knee to waist mush, but was afraid to take the beautiful new board.

That's a sweet board! Now, i may have to order one jsut like that. If you don't mind me asking how big are you? I'm 6 foot 250ish pounds and obviously need a barge or something close to that to float me. I can surf in the intermediate category. I'm no Kelly Slater but i'm not a total kook either.