LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bbop1322 View Post
    That's a sweet board! Now, i may have to order one jsut like that. If you don't mind me asking how big are you? I'm 6 foot 250ish pounds and obviously need a barge or something close to that to float me. I can surf in the intermediate category. I'm no Kelly Slater but i'm not a total kook either.
    I am 5'8" and 165lbs.

Images
    44384_10100994796746254_399493010_n.jpg546800_10100768302547444_103212471_n.jpgLooks killer man. Phil told me you got it colored close to my zero, but it's definitely something way different. You will love that board. Its my go to board for larger surf.
    I'll be seeing phil on saturday with another one of my friends I'm getting into custom shapes, and i might order one or two more from him as well.
    Last edited by delawaredell; May 23, 2013 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I am 5'8" and 165lbs.
    I'm about your same height/weight. That's the type of board I learned on to get in the smaller size board range. Are you coming down from a longboard? Once you get comfortable with that board, you can start going shorter. You will see at your height/weight, a board in the 5'10 to 6'0 range will really blow your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by motivated2surf View Post
    I'm about your same height/weight. That's the type of board I learned on to get in the smaller size board range. Are you coming down from a longboard? Once you get comfortable with that board, you can start going shorter. You will see at your height/weight, a board in the 5'10 to 6'0 range will really blow your mind.
    I am only about 1.5 years into surfing, and I have only lived near the coast for the last 8 months. I have been using my 7'4" Island Inspired funshape, but was looking for something smaller and more maneuverable. My wife uses a 6'10" regular Gary Wilson egg, and I thought that was a fun board. I just went to Phil with my thoughts and preferences, and he figured out the dimensions. I would like to eventually buy a 9'4" performance longboard, and something a bit smaller like 5'10" as you mentioned. However, I am sure this board will become my workhorse to cover all varieties of waves.

Quote Originally Posted by delawaredell View Post
    44384_10100994796746254_399493010_n.jpg546800_10100768302547444_103212471_n.jpgLooks killer man. Phil told me you got it colored close to my zero, but it's definitely something way different. You will love that board. Its my go to board for larger surf.
    I'll be seeing phil on saturday with another one of my friends I'm getting into custom shapes, and i might order one or two more from him as well.
    Your board was my inspiration. I loved the colors, and the shape. I told him to keep a similar color scheme, then do whatever he likes with the rest of the design. It is a real piece of art. I don't think there will be any board like this out in the lineup.
    I think it is great that Phil uses premium Futures fins. There aren't many shapers throwing those in for the price of a custom.
    Last edited by brewengineer; May 23, 2013 at 06:46 PM.

Took her out today for the first time. Wave were not really as predicted, but more in the knee to waist range. Very clean, and perfect weather. I only managed to get in about 4 good rides in a 1.5 hour session. I was a bit skeptical at first, but that was due to my lack of experience on this size board. I had one awesome right and one really good left. This board really feels stable on the face of the wave. It also turns much better than any other board I have ridden. I am really happy with the performance, and hope for some real waist high stuff with the incoming tide later today.

Images
    I really like the double concave bottom of the board. It grips in bigger stuff. I don't usually take it out in anything smaller than chest to head, but it should perform in the smaller waves. I caught tons of waves this morning on my fish that PT made.