LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    ok I didn't read any of your crap so here is my take.

Kicking is only effective if your hips are submerged. Otherwise, you are just slapping the surface of the water. You don't have any scoop and pull effect with your feet, only up/down.

Kicking causes you to contract your abdomen and arch your back. Not sure how i feel about that.

Kicking will cause side to side motion (heal / yaw), even front to back motion (trim). That ain't good.

Kicking when you don't have to will use up your energy, energy that could otherwise be used to ride 23 footers and bench fat stacks.

I don't kick. No reason. Don't try to justify a silly habit. Beginners.... don't even read this thread.
    Silly habits...I agree.... No kicking here. It is good when you want to snake someone- you can splash them in the face lol
    Infact it looks like Nat stops kicking once he is at the top if the wave- he was just slapping the water...

Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    You dunk the tail... Not the nose...
    Ah, makes so much more sense. I misread your initial post to think you were talking the nose submerged. Long week!

it's called a "no paddle take-off" and I already covered this on the first page of this thread. Only works on steep/jacked up waves...still gotta paddle for everything else (unless you don't mind your wave count low)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    it's called a "no paddle take-off" and I already covered this on the first page of this thread. Only works on steep/jacked up waves...still gotta paddle for everything else (unless you don't mind your wave count low)
    I was not referring to a no paddle take off- but a less paddle take off. Not exactly a no paddle take off since I paddle a few times... And it does work on any wave ... It does not have to be a critical take off.. It's the same as your 'corking' method or whatever ... But I guess since it was already covered on the first page we can wrap up this thread and bury it!

Good thread guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    no, a no-paddle take off is just placing yourself in the critical position & popping up to your feet as gravity kicks in.