LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Big Wave World Tour (BWWT)

Just saw that they finally put together a big wave world tour. What do you guys think is this the right direction for big wave surfing? One things for sure I can't wait to watch the live webcam and see guys pushing the limits in 30+ waves.

I thought it already existed ... didn't Greg Long win it last year and Peter Mel the year before that? Or was that simply a ranking system?

Doesn't Jersey have The Big Wave Bench Off Tour coming??

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jasorod View Post
    I thought it already existed ... didn't Greg Long win it last year and Peter Mel the year before that? Or was that simply a ranking system?
    Your correct I read it wrong. The Asp acquired the BWWT and is going to make it more official and try and shed more light on big wave surfing.

Images
    And zeroevol that tour has been going on for years. I usually win cause I bench 415. . .86 times. Then surf snicklefritz reef yo!

I think it will be a good thing, especially since Zosea will be taking over the webcasting. Previous BWWT contests had horrible webcasts with the worst quality imaginable.

Images
    I think they are following the money.

Surfers want to watch high performance surfing. Everyone wants to watch surfers ride giant waves.

What we really need is a Pier Shotting World Tour. Just picture it: Weaving through the pilings at Honeyton Pier on a 23 footer in an orange powder-coated chain MEAL wetsuit (impresses the heck out of all the Hindus in bikinis). You could have a seperate category for gigantic, un-maneuverable wooden boards just to make it more challenging...
    Last edited by Valhalla; May 29, 2013 at 07:13 PM. Reason: General Awesomeness

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
    What we really need is a Pier Shotting World Tour. Just picture it: Weaving through the pilings at Honeyton Pier on a 23 footer in an orange powder-coated chain mail wetsuit (impresses the heck out of all the Hindus in bikinis). You could have a seperate category for gigantic, un-maneuverable wooden boards just to make it more challenging...
    Correction... Chain MEAL wetsuit (sorry Lee, I had to)

Images
    Yea they want to make it so regular ASP guys can compete in Big Waves as well. I like the idea, I just hope it works. I can totally see Kelly saying screw regular tour that ****s easy, and going to conquer big waves. Which, of course, he could easily.