LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

Seeing More Sharks!

Its weird, i'm now seeing sharks a lot more than I was in the past years. Also they're not too big only about 3-4 ft maybe sometimes 5 but for the most part small. Has the shark population been growing rapidly? Have you heard any reports?

Interesting. There have been more sightings than usual by guys fishing here in South Jersey.

My buddy Brian saw a bull at IOP yesterday morning. He was on an SUP and got a nice view of it swimming below. I know they are out there, but seeing them is rare.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    My buddy Brian saw a bull at IOP yesterday morning. He was on an SUP and got a nice view of it swimming below. I know they are out there, but seeing them is rare.
    One of the 1st things I noticed when I started going out with the SUP was how much wildlife really is right there in the shallow surf. You get a very good view / perspective from up there that you don't get laying down. What I like to do normally when I get to the beach at DP and nobody is in the water yet or just a few around is i'll paddle out on the SUP and scan the area for anything, then catch a few, and then when i've had a good look at it i'll go grab my shortboard and have fun for the rest of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    One of the 1st things I noticed when I started going out with the SUP was how much wildlife really is right there in the shallow surf. You get a very good view / perspective from up there that you don't get laying down. What I like to do normally when I get to the beach at DP and nobody is in the water yet or just a few around is i'll paddle out on the SUP and scan the area for anything, then catch a few, and then when i've had a good look at it i'll go grab my shortboard and have fun for the rest of the day.
    I like to charter a Cessna and have a good look up and down the coastline before I go out. Next I'll tow a side scanning and top down sonar from a jonboat, just in case I missed the sharks in murky water. Finally, I'll spray my board down with shark repellant and paddle out.

Quote Originally Posted by Losttsol View Post
    I like to charter a Cessna and have a good look up and down the coastline before I go out. Next I'll tow a side scanning and top down sonar from a jonboat, just in case I missed the sharks in murky water. Finally, I'll spray my board down with shark repellant and paddle out.
    Good luck with that champ

No worries. Sharks are our friends. See slide show.

http://photos.msn.com/slideshow/foxs...ks/230mzx0c#39

Images
    I was out in Monmouth county on Monday and there were two dolphins breaching Like 20 yards from me. It scared the Shiite out of me. Wait a minute, I hope they were dolphins.

One of my friends was surfing in Atlantic City and there was a shark that about ten guys all saw and everybody got out of the water. He said it was pretty big

Images
    i caught some 3 foot black tips off shore the other day and there was a mass of bait fish in the water here it sketched me out when i went for a paddle and the birds were diving everywhere.