LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    after surfing frisco in late august I feel like I should order a chain meal wetsuit. The shark population is TOO DAMN HIGH

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    after surfing frisco in late august I feel like I should order a chain meal wetsuit. The shark population is TOO DAMN HIGH
    Chain Meal Suit? Is that a suit made of raw meat hooked together with snap rings? I know you meant chain metal...

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    chain meal
    MMM chain meal, love that sh*t!

oops, forgot a le_er

Quote Originally Posted by CBSCREWBY View Post
    Chain Meal Suit? Is that a suit made of raw meat hooked together with snap rings? I know you meant chain metal...
    It's actually chain mail : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_(armour) Though I kinda like the chain meal thing better in this case. Perhaps somebody can start a new wetsuit line reinforced with chain mail. Be kinda heavy though. Maybe kevlar would work.

I've been seeing more sushi eaters down here in way South Florida as well. Little 2-3 footer in 2 feet of water last weekend and a 4-5 footer a bit further out the week before. Plenty of spinners a month or two back. Didn't used to see them much before but I've been in the water a lot more lately.

I'll be in Buxton in early July. Hope I don't become a chain meal myself...

Images
    ^ If you do at least you're guarenteed a seat in Valhalla.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
    It's actually chain mail : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_(armour) Though I kinda like the chain meal thing better in this case. Perhaps somebody can start a new wetsuit line
    Dang it! I knew that from my times spent at L.A.R.P.ers conventions! Just saw the meal and thought metal. Lol
    Can't wait to get out today! I'll surf with Mary Lee if i have to!
    Last edited by CBSCREWBY; May 24, 2013 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Thinking about surfing instead of typing

Images
    Large fin seen in Loch Arbor/Asbury just this morning. By all accounts it wasn't a dolphin.
    Looking for bennies no doubt...

Images
    Wow, according to this thread Jersey is pretty sharky. Or wait, could be a scare tactic to clear the lineups......

Listen in Spring them white sharks come into certain inlets and into the bays in Jersey. They give some birth there. Like, the inlet south of LBI, they love that place. And the water stayed mo colder this spring than usual so they out there right now, and will be leaving for Cape Cod in a few weeks. If you don't believe me ax that dude from The Marine Mammal Stranding place. He'll tell you the same thing I did. And he's knows everything about what is floating or submerged off the Jersey coast. Right now there is some white shark chick giving birthin to some little white shark dude in an inlet/bay area right by YOU.