LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nj surfers

I just watched a thousand peeps paddle out into the line up at Squan. Kiss that place goodbye till Oct.

Im sure every beach is crowded today, I didnt even go I went to work to get some overtime

You got harassed by a "local" in Monmouth? I never have. Actually, because of work, I surf from the hook to Cape May and never get any sh*t. And I'm not a bad looking dude either... I hear a lot of people talking about "locals" and how they get harassed. But I never have any issues in NY or NJ. I don't get it

Quote Originally Posted by NJAZguy View Post
    Why does he have to stay home? This "local" attitude here in Jersey is really pissing me off. People here have an attitude I have never experienced surfing in any other part of the world and I've surfed all over. And the irony is that NJ waves are nothing to write home about. Sure it gets good here and I would rank it among the top on the east coast but honestly the attitude and sense of entitlement "locals" have is embarrassing to me as a NJ surfer. I just got back from CA and surfed a whole slew of breaks with "locals" and they were friendly to me. But I get back here, head to an undisclosed break in Monmouth County, and immediatly I am harrassed by some "local" before I even throw my wetsuit on. For what? Because he doesn't personally know me? Give me a break jerkoff. No one owns the friggin ocean. I surf year 'round. FYI - just because I don't live in a beach town doesn't mean I haven't been surfing these breaks since I was a kid. I'm sick of "locals" starting fights. Local surfers starting fights is on par with jersey shore guidos starting fights outside DJs. It is counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    You got harassed by a "local" in Monmouth? I never have. Actually, because of work, I surf from the hook to Cape May and never get any sh*t. And I'm not a bad looking dude either... I hear a lot of people talking about "locals" and how they get harassed. But I never have any issues in NY or NJ. I don't get it
    I tend to agree with you NYNJ. I have lived and surfed in Monmouth County for my whole life. I have seen a few verbal spats over the years, but nothing really major. I have gotten the stink eye a few places, but I try to just kill them with kindess. As long as they don't mistake kindness for weakness, it's all good. The best I can remember was surfing a spot that was predominantly bodyboarders. Not gonna get into the whole bodyboard/ surf argument, but they were doing their best to make me feel unwelcome. All I could do was laugh. It was like a biker gang trying to mark their turf riding around on mopeds.
    Last edited by Uncle Irish; May 24, 2013 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Plagiarism

i'm not welcoming anyone.if i don't know you,or you don't know me, you don't belong next to me at this million sandbar beachbreak.find a different sandbar.i lost my home.i drove and surfed it since december,though,by myself,until i paddle out in a couple hours,and then it's 'where are you from?' and 'how'd you end up here?' and i was out here all winter and spring literally by myself.i kid you not,a surfer surfs, and at 15 i hitchiked 60 miles each way in the winter weekends and slept under a million blankets with no heat,electricity or water to surf.if you surf you buy a winter suit,if you have to work at mcdonald's to afford one.whiny baby cryin non-surfing kooks.

[QUOTE=NJAZguy;168700]Why does he have to stay home? This "local" attitude here in Jersey is really pissing me off. People here have an attitude I have never experienced surfing in any other part of the world and I've surfed all over

Thanks for pointing this out.. i agree with you 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    i'm not welcoming anyone.if i don't know you,or you don't know me, you don't belong next to me at this million sandbar beachbreak.find a different sandbar.i lost my home.i drove and surfed it since december,though,by myself,until i paddle out in a couple hours,and then it's 'where are you from?' and 'how'd you end up here?' and i was out here all winter and spring literally by myself.i kid you not,a surfer surfs, and at 15 i hitchiked 60 miles each way in the winter weekends and slept under a million blankets with no heat,electricity or water to surf.if you surf you buy a winter suit,if you have to work at mcdonald's to afford one.whiny baby cryin non-surfing kooks.
    What in the hell are you talking about?

kooks who don't surf all year until memorial day weekend

Aaahhhhh, ok, I am with ya now. LOL I am a little slow today

Images
    I just beat up people before I get in water so everyone knows I'm hard . . . Kinda like jail. Gotta shank someone firstday