LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

stop GMO mnadness

I know this is a surfing website, but if you didn't march today, at least sign this petition to stop Monsanto the right to ban GMO labeling in individual states. if we have no control over the food we eat there is no future for our survival let alone surfing.

http://www.change.org/petitions/stop...od-by-monsanto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktWIxp-6K94

Right on man... the GMO situation in this country is scary. People need to wake up and make a difference

I want to sign just don't know if there's an age limit?

We definaltly live in a different world. I was watching on the weather channel a few weeks ago how they put this stuff in the air to dictate if it should snow or not.Man is playing with fire.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    We definaltly live in a different world. I was watching on the weather channel a few weeks ago how they put this stuff in the air to dictate if it should snow or not.Man is playing with fire.
    they have been doin that kind of stuff since the 50's. geoengineering is even more scary than GMO'S. all you conspiracy deniers out there chemtrails exist. Bill Gates who sits on the board of directors and is a large share holder for Monsanto spends millions every year on geoengineering research. aluminum oxide and radioactive cesium and thorium are now in our soil and water supply in unsafe amounts. learn to detoxify your body to avoid harmful health effects from this crap.

Just to play devils advocate; is there definitive proof that gmos are actually bad-for-you? A couple of studies I found have been debunked by respected scientists. While im not a big fan of adding hormones and other additives to our food supply (I always buy organic milk for my kids etc) I cant help but think food and safety watchdogs are looking out for their own interests too (ie donations donations donations)

Quote Originally Posted by StuckinVA View Post
    Just to play devils advocate; is there definitive proof that gmos are actually bad-for-you? A couple of studies I found have been debunked by respected scientists. While im not a big fan of adding hormones and other additives to our food supply (I always buy organic milk for my kids etc) I cant help but think food and safety watchdogs are looking out for their own interests too (ie donations donations donations)
    If you really want to watch something disturbing go to youtube and go to meet your meat.How farm factories work.If you have a weak stomach you might want to pass.

It's inconclusive whether GMO foods are safe. The major problem is with how the DNA is altered. DNA particles are coated onto gold atoms and then the gold atoms are fired into cells of whatever species is to be modified. Then those cells are coaxed to grow into a plant, that plant can then produce seed that is GMO. The problem lies in the fact that the DNA is inserted randomly. There's no way to know which two genes you just inserted the new one in the middle of, and it's impossible to know whether or not you have actually split a codon and now have entirely changed the DNA sequence.

Funniest thing about this to me is that it's peoples choice. Stop eating GMO corn and soy and start supporting local farmers. If everyone cared enough to do that then the company would be forced to be more responsible in the least. Genetic engineering isn't going anywhere but we shouldn't have to subject ourselves to being guinea pigs for the first generation.

And you don't have to be. It's the ignorant masses that are the guinea pig and to be honest I think it's sweet justice. If you choose to live in complacent ignorance then you have no control over your own fate.

those articles debunking GMO's were probably backed by GMO industry. its hard for independent researchers to test, because Monsanto owns the patents to the seeds, making it difficult to obtain for independent scientists, and/or publish their findings in fear of legal action from Monsanto or loss of future research grants, therefore ruining their careers. here's an article about rats fed GMO's. http://www.motherjones.com/tom-philp...-rat-tumorfrom
    if you look at it logically why would Monsanto have laws enacted to protect themselves from any lawsuits against them? why are they pushing to ban the labeling of GMO's state tot state? if they are safe what does Monsanto have to hide?
    also Michael Taylor the deputy commissioner for the FDA was a VP at Monsanto. smells like s**t to me.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_R._Taylor

And you don't have to be. It's the ignorant masses that are the guinea pig and to be honest I think it's sweet justice. If you choose to live in complacent ignorance then you have no control over your own fate.[/QUOTE]

the problem with this statement is GMO's are not labeled. some people don't have access to locally grown or organic food. also some people are not educated on the subject. 99% of public schools don't educate children on how to grow their own food and the benefits of non GMO organic foods. also Monsanto spends millions of $ on disinformation propaganda. if they were labeled people would have freedom of choice.