LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 203
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    You mean this: http://www.sctainfo.org/data.htm#detailed_data
    PG&E was monitoring CO2 in 1990. They (California) have been on a green kick for years. They are working towards lower CO2 levels in most urban areas. Much of this work is through green energy projects like hydroelectric, solar, and wind power projects. They are also looking at alternative tranportation methods for more reductions. I don't see this as a bad thing. I have never been for all green energy projects, as I believe some do more harm than good (ie current biofuels), but we do need to work for better solutions to our energy needs.
    I agree that alternative energy is needed, but there is a dark side to the green movement and agenda 21, like building a home on private land, regulations on small businesses, carbon taxes to name some.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,707
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    I used straw man because you asked if I believed Satanists ran the new world order and the illuminati too, when all I said that there are secret societies.

    as far as Satanists and Christian conspiracy theorists go, if your faith lies in jesus Christ and you recognize all the wrong doing going on in this world as evil than you can say it in those terms. i'm not a Christian but the bible does correlate a lot of what is happening today.
    Which bible? King James translation? Old Testament? Pre-KJ Latin version? It's a book of translations and interpretations written and edited many times by men with agendas. I am agnostic, but I know for sure you can't take the words in that book literally. It is part of the problem with the world today. Wars based around religious beliefs cause way too many deaths.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    I agree that alternative energy is needed, but there is a dark side to the green movement and agenda 21, like building a home on private land, regulations on small businesses, carbon taxes to name some.
    which reminds me of a documentary I saw last year. (cant remember the name)
    a husband and wife purchased a large portion of land in Arizona or new mexico, cant remember, out in the middle of nowhere. but they built 100% totally self sustainable homes totally of the grid. after a few years and a dozen or so homes they were evicted out of their homes and could only regain residency after they agreed to have sewer lines ran, electrical lines installed, and paved streets and curbs and sidewalks installed. all on their own dime.
    I see it as a plan to force people into bankruptcy so they have to conform to unconstitutional laws, rules and regulations. that's my opinion and i'm not alone.

    I am right now researching to find land to buy a far way from any city, and when I build my house they will have to take me out with bullets before I let them impose some bulls**t rules and regulations forcing me to pay for things I don't need.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Which bible? King James translation? Old Testament? Pre-KJ Latin version? It's a book of translations and interpretations written and edited many times by men with agendas. I am agnostic, but I know for sure you can't take the words in that book literally. It is part of the problem with the world today. Wars based around religious beliefs cause way too many deaths.
    there is a difference to religion and faith in god. I myself believe in god, but do not strictly follow any religious belief. under god you are a free man, and to be forced to live by rules made up by someone else or being forced to spend money on something I don't want (such as Obamacare) goes against the term being free. im not implying that you can go out and rape and kill, because eventually you have to answer to god. I myself don't eat any flesh, because I will not kill or be a part of another souls suffering.
    as far as the wars going on, I see extremist jihadis causing a lot of trouble but other than that I see wars being waged for power and resources, not GW Bushes god. I don't see anybody killing people in the name of jesus Christ.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    3,748
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post

    I am right now researching to find land to buy a far way from any city, and when I build my house they will have to take me out with bullets before I let them impose some bulls**t rules and regulations forcing me to pay for things I don't need.
    With any luck at all, there won't be Internet connectivity out there.
    Last edited by yankee; Jun 2, 2013 at 05:15 PM.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    3,748
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    tell me than how is Agenda 21 good?

    See....this is how you conspiracy wankers work it.....you make outrageous, borderline-straitjacket claims as 'facts'.....then, when presented with incontrovertible facts, you try to turn it around & say stuff like "how is it good?"

    Look, honcho, you're the one who thinks Agenda 21 is a call to gold, guns & land, and life in a bunker in a holler in West Virginia; don't go asking me what's good about the yah-yah that you make vitriolic claims about. I gave you facts; you duck & weave.

    Conspiracy guys are, ultimately, really boring. It's like having a beer in an old-man bar & listening to the nut who's raving on the corner stool. After one beer, a listener has to bail for saner pastures.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    See....this is how you conspiracy wankers work it.....you make outrageous, borderline-straitjacket claims as 'facts'.....then, when presented with incontrovertible facts, you try to turn it around & say stuff like "how is it good?"
    this is how you closed minded, accept everything the gubmint tells you, Arse Head Stuffers work it. If there's someone with a different view, spout out the word conspiracy, throw in tin foil hat, then act like you know everything by showing how you have no original thought.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,707
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    there is a difference to religion and faith in god. I myself believe in god, but do not strictly follow any religious belief. under god you are a free man, and to be forced to live by rules made up by someone else or being forced to spend money on something I don't want (such as Obamacare) goes against the term being free. im not implying that you can go out and rape and kill, because eventually you have to answer to god. I myself don't eat any flesh, because I will not kill or be a part of another souls suffering.
    as far as the wars going on, I see extremist jihadis causing a lot of trouble but other than that I see wars being waged for power and resources, not GW Bushes god. I don't see anybody killing people in the name of jesus Christ.
    There are plenty of deaths occurring in the name of JC. Look around the news at abortion doctors being killed. How about all the hate crimes carried out against gays and minorities. The people behind these crimes think they are doing the lord's work. Deities can be found behind most wars in the world. Hindu vs Muslim. Muslim vs Christian. Etc... It is strange to think that this is the modern world. We are still stuck fighting ancient battles.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    See....this is how you conspiracy wankers work it.....you make outrageous, borderline-straitjacket claims as 'facts'.....then, when presented with incontrovertible facts, you try to turn it around & say stuff like "how is it good?"

    Look, honcho, you're the one who thinks Agenda 21 is a call to gold, guns & land, and life in a bunker in a holler in West Virginia; don't go asking me what's good about the yah-yah that you make vitriolic claims about. I gave you facts; you duck & weave.

    Conspiracy guys are, ultimately, really boring. It's like having a beer in an old-man bar & listening to the nut who's raving on the corner stool. After one beer, a listener has to bail for saner pastures.
    the only facts I was presented out of this conversation was a push towards renewable energy sources which I don't disagree on, but we don't need to help the UN to enforce this.
    that was the only thing I was presented. you tell me how UN Agenda 21 is good?

    like chiccodude said, you're pretty closed minded. i'm willing to have a discussion about the UN's plan to make society safe for the planet, and you just spew conspiracy when someone disagrees on a topic.

    give me facts other than green energy that make the agenda good. i'm listening.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    See....this is how you conspiracy wankers work it.....you make outrageous, borderline-straitjacket claims as 'facts'.....then, when presented with incontrovertible facts, you try to turn it around & say stuff like "how is it good?"

    Look, honcho, you're the one who thinks Agenda 21 is a call to gold, guns & land, and life in a bunker in a holler in West Virginia; don't go asking me what's good about the yah-yah that you make vitriolic claims about. I gave you facts; you duck & weave.

    Conspiracy guys are, ultimately, really boring. It's like having a beer in an old-man bar & listening to the nut who's raving on the corner stool. After one beer, a listener has to bail for saner pastures.
    btw your now straw manning cuz where did I make borderline-straight jacket claims as facts.