LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 203
  1. #161
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    ..........Attachment 7695
    I do by educating myself and filtering my water. Not by listening to the OP and going along by laying down to crooks.

  2. #162
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    God didn't create a world that provides us with anything. Natural processes did, but science makes life better through understanding these processes. Past generations had average life spans only a fraction of what we have today. Your fear of modern science and medicine is irrational. Yes, it is fear.
    Nature didn't give us this trend:


    This is what happens when vaccines aren't there to help prevent outbreaks:


    Everything in nature is just a combination of molecules. Chemical based, with chemical reactions. Nothing more, nothing less. You can hold on to your natural cures and faith healing, but in the end you are still putting chemicals into your body. At least the vaccines in my body have been thoroughly tested and used successfully on millions of people. Feel free to keep fearing the chemicals. Even if you haven't had the vaccines, they have protected your ass for a lifetime.
    c'mon brewdude, you are twisting my words again known as the straw man tactic. how does my abjection of vaccines correlate to a fear of modern science and medicine.
    as an avid surfer and skateboarder for over 30 years, I have had my fair share of broken bones, lacerations, and infections from tropical locales, that without modern science and medicine I would be a cripple or dead.

    like I said the debate over vaccines between believers and skeptics can go on forever. and life expectancy charts do not show the benefit of vaccines. there are many reasons for a rise in life expectancy such as advanced medical care and better socio-economical conditions.

    vaccines are not necessary to stop flu viruses if individuals take precautions to avoid infection such as proper nutrition and immune support, and good personal hygiene. like I said before, I have not had the flu in 10 years and have been around some really sick peeps.

    you are entitled to your belief on the origins of life, and I respect that, but your claim that life started from primordial soup has no evidence to support it.

    it is true that there is evidence to verify genetic mutation and natural selection in the process of evolution, but none to support the claim that chemicals in combination and reactions produced any life form, only the building blocks of life forms.

  3. #163
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,318
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    c'mon brewdude, you are twisting my words again known as the straw man tactic. how does my abjection of vaccines correlate to a fear of modern science and medicine.
    as an avid surfer and skateboarder for over 30 years, I have had my fair share of broken bones, lacerations, and infections from tropical locales, that without modern science and medicine I would be a cripple or dead.

    like I said the debate over vaccines between believers and skeptics can go on forever. and life expectancy charts do not show the benefit of vaccines. there are many reasons for a rise in life expectancy such as advanced medical care and better socio-economical conditions.

    vaccines are not necessary to stop flu viruses if individuals take precautions to avoid infection such as proper nutrition and immune support, and good personal hygiene. like I said before, I have not had the flu in 10 years and have been around some really sick peeps.

    you are entitled to your belief on the origins of life, and I respect that, but your claim that life started from primordial soup has no evidence to support it.

    it is true that there is evidence to verify genetic mutation and natural selection in the process of evolution, but none to support the claim that chemicals in combination and reactions produced any life form, only the building blocks of life forms.
    Your fear of vaccines is because you don't understand (fear) modern medical science.
    The charts I posted are trends that are greatly affected by the widespread use of vaccines. I posted this before, and you had no real rebuttal:


    "but your claim that life started from primordial soup has no evidence to support it."
    There is more evidence of this than there is that life started because some supreme being created it out like magic.
    http://news.discovery.com/space/astr...ins-130307.htm

    I can't tell you if a god or god-like force started the whole process (big bang to organic chemical reactions), but I can tell you the process from basic elements to living cells has a lot of data and research backing it up.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK26883/
    http://www.popsci.com/science/articl...synthetic-cell
    http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HT...question/3449/
    Last edited by brewengineer; Jun 4, 2013 at 04:53 PM.

  4. #164
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Beyond The Wall
    Posts
    3,380
    Images
    6
    Aliens seek out planets with the appropriate conditions for life and deposit DNA into the mix. We're essentially one big alien grow-op, for real.

  5. #165
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,318
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Aliens seek out planets with the appropriate conditions for life and deposit DNA into the mix. We're essentially one big alien grow-op, for real.
    Alien jiz in the soup? Prometheus style!

  6. #166
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Beyond The Wall
    Posts
    3,380
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Alien jiz in the soup? Prometheus style!
    Haha, indeed!

    *for the record, I'm not one that believes they come down to do anal probes or any of that stuff.

  7. #167
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    confederate states of america
    Posts
    1,188
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    I do by educating myself and filtering my water. Not by listening to the OP and going along by laying down to crooks.
    hey dude if you dont like vaccines dont get em im just going to tell you now there effective, and i forgot the government is out to get me. oh and the new world order is hacking my bank account and have little tracking devices on my truck while the police take photos of me in the shower and they are putting gasoline in my milk..blah blah blah you conspiracy theorist are some paranoid fukcs

  8. #168
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Your fear of vaccines is because you don't understand (fear) modern medical science.
    The charts I posted are trends that are greatly affected by the widespread use of vaccines. I posted this before, and you had no real rebuttal:


    "but your claim that life started from primordial soup has no evidence to support it."
    There is more evidence of this than there is that life started because some supreme being created it out like magic.
    http://news.discovery.com/space/astr...ins-130307.htm

    I can't tell you if a god or god-like force started the whole process (big bang to organic chemical reactions), but I can tell you the process from basic elements to living cells has a lot of data and research backing it up.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK26883/
    http://www.popsci.com/science/articl...synthetic-cell
    http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HT...question/3449/
    the evidence you give to the primordial soup theory does not prove anything. it only proves that the building blocks for life can be formed like I said in my last post and don't disagree with.

    your evidence does not support those building blocks coming to life.

    like I said I respect your belief. but science and man can not explain the creation of the universe and all the processes for the creation of energy, which is what we essentially are, and the formation of energy into consciousness.

  9. #169
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    hey dude if you dont like vaccines dont get em im just going to tell you now there effective, and i forgot the government is out to get me. oh and the new world order is hacking my bank account and have little tracking devices on my truck while the police take photos of me in the shower and they are putting gasoline in my milk..blah blah blah you conspiracy theorist are some paranoid fukcs
    assassinating one's identity does not offer an educational dialogue to a debate.

  10. #170
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    the evidence you give to the primordial soup theory does not prove anything. it only proves that the building blocks for life can be formed like I said in my last post and don't disagree with.

    your evidence does not support those building blocks coming to life.

    like I said I respect your belief. but science and man can not explain the creation of the universe and all the processes for the creation of energy, which is what we essentially are, and the formation of energy into consciousness.
    like I said the vaccine debate can go on forever. your chart shows morbidity rates since the introduction of vaccines. it does not show their effectiveness. a lot of what the chart might shows might be because of advanced medical care and treatment of infectious disease.

    I don't fear vaccines, I just don't want to be injected with such things as aborted monkey and human fetal tissue cells.