LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    If GMO foods are so safe, why did they have to hide the GMO protection act in the middle of an Agricultural Appropriation Bill, Anonymously?
    http://www.salon.com/2013/03/27/how_...nuck_into_law/
    http://www.ibtimes.com/monsanto-prot...-level-1267629
    I don't think anyone here claims that all GMO is 100% safe. I think we are all in agreement that there needs to be more studies and testing.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I wish people were forced to use vaccines for most things. Not so much flu vaccines, but no place I have ever been required flu vaccination.
    I haven't had a flu shot in years. every time I got one, I got sick for a week. ever since quitting, Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    I haven't had a flu shot in years. every time I got one, I got sick for a week. ever since quitting, Nothing.
    That is why I am not all for the flu shot. Many of the known side effects seem to be rather in attractive IMO. I have probably only had the flu once in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    What if you don't have a choice? IE forced innoculation. GMO's contaminating soils and waterways.

I think that's a fair concern. We already have mandatory vaccinations. For example, you can't attend a public school without them. You can't legally not attend public schools in the US unless you attend a homeschool with a registered teacher. That's not practical for most parents so they are left with being forced to have their children vaccinated.

I personally know too many normal healthy people who have been bombarded with vaccines (military and hospital personnel) to know that the dangers associated with them are minimal at worst.

And the intention of the vaccines is genuinely to stop the spread of infectious disease. Of that I also have no doubt.

As far as the GMO genes getting into wild life. That's not only inevitable, it's already happening. I again don't disagree that it is a major concern. What can be done about it? I don't know. There definitely does need to be some regulation of genetic engineering. It's strange how such a taboo practice has become not only legitimized but in a sense forced upon us while a veil covering our eyes and then brought to light once it was cascading out of control. That probably has more to do with the religious and ethical concerns that have stifled genetic engineering since it was first found to be within the realm of human abilities a half a century ago.

I don't know what to think but I do know I like eating healthy and I avoid corn and soy products just about entirely. It makes eating more expensive but more rewarding. If you bannish soy and corn from your diet all of the sudden you are eating nothing processed. Yes most vegetables come in GMO varieties now but I personally think that soy and corn and problems regardless of whether or not they are GMO. A tomato that contains a pesticide is a little frightening but I have to say that we were eating the pesticides before as well. Is there a difference? Probably. Should there be more open research done to determine how much of a difference? Definitely. Should GM foods be demonized in the mean time? I don't think so.

The flu vaccine is what it is because the influenza virus is what it is. Every year different strains of the flu are prevalent. The flu vaccine is different every year and it also differs from localities even within the same year. The reason is that the vaccine consists of vaccines for the top 6 or so prevalent strains from the year before.

So the vaccine will stop those strains, but because there are so many strains of the influenza virus and because it is known to be able to rapidly mutate to new forms not susceptible to the vaccines, it causes the vaccine to have very low success rates. It's not that the vaccine is unsuccessful, it's that the virus's genome lends itself to adaptibility.

This is why a super strain of influenza is such a scary prospect. If a super strain that had a death rate of 50% hit and started spreading, it would be a while before a vaccine could be created. And by that time the virus will have likely mutated, creating a scenario of constantly having to catch up to the new strain.

All viruses can mutate but some are more prone than others and for this reason influenza is difficult to manage.

As you can see numbers don't always tell the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I wish people were forced to use vaccines for most things. Not so much flu vaccines, but no place I have ever been required flu vaccination.
    Carefully what you wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    Carefully what you wish for.
    Yeah .....

Images
    I don't think its proper to compare vaccines to GMO food. Vaccines are used to stop the spread of epidemic diseases. Food is Genetically Modified to make for easier farming and to make more money. Sure, money may be a common link to both, but no one dies if we stop eating modified food.

There's a vid out about chem trailing. Because of the Aluminum, Strontium, and Barium falling to earth has turn the soil too alkaline to support crops. Fortunately, Monsanto has a seed that grows perfectly in those conditions. I asked my dad, an Army Chemist, what the purpose of spraying those in the atmosphere would achieve. He suggested those three items have reflective properties.

Images
    Look up fluoride in your water supply for a whole another topic . it will disgust you . . literally everything is killing us.