LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

Thumbs up Helping with Spam

Just want to say a couple things about the spam threads on this forum.

Firstly, thanks to all who "report posts" regarding spam threads/posts. You can do this
    by clicking on the small alert icon under the post. Please keep the notices coming if you see them, so we can try to maintain a clean board.

Unfortunately, the internet is filled with people trying to scam there way to the top, by posting meaningless links to gain search engine popularity and such. Believe it or not, its a lot of work to maintain the message board, so it is very helpful when the users can help flag such posts. Also, we will try to look for more ways to keep things clean and going smooth and prevent spam in the first place.

I think the board has been coming more alive with substantial threads recently, which I'm pretty stoked to see. Please feel free now to post inconsequential, meaningless replies that insult others and describe how much you dislike this site. And, hopefully, you have also been able to sense sarcasm in forum posts by now

Images
    Thanks for managing the forum and letting us have some fun with it, will certainly be more adamant about reporting spammers.

This site really is special and meaningful to me. It's hard to relate it to the work of a person because I'm so detached from that side of things but thank you guys at the top for doing what you do. And the fact that you're a bodyboarder doesn't even matter. I'll tow you in to the canyon any day brother, just gotta let lee take the first set. That guy... well just know if you drop first there's a snake in the grass, I repeat, snake in the grass.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Thanks for managing the forum and letting us have some fun with it, will certainly be more adamant about reporting spammers.
    Ditto.

Speaking as one who recently got sent to the equivalent of the Mojave (time out), and I deserved it, the board has gotten a lot better than a couple years ago in terms of quality. Even with an overfed, long-haired leaping gnome weaving through threads.

The forecasts are also a lot more accurate when contrasted with a few years ago.
    Esp enjoy the multiple updates each day. Thanks much!

Images
    I find myself coming here less and less. How about weeding out some of the multi posting conspiracy theorists? It's like the inmates are running the asylum...

Oddly enough I don't think he wanted any thanks, so lets not let the Admin know how cool this forum really is !

Images
    Best forum on the web

Quote Originally Posted by oipaul View Post
    I find myself coming here less and less. How about weeding out some of the multi posting conspiracy theorists? It's like the inmates are running the asylum...
    Yeah, I am not sure what happened here. We never had conspiracy spam like this before.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Ditto.

Speaking as one who recently got sent to the equivalent of the Mojave (time out), and I deserved it, !
    What the hecks going on with you Yankee?Your villain status is quickly going down the tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by oipaul View Post
    +1 I try to avoid those threads as much as possible. it's always the same few, they just like to touch each other "virtually" i think...