LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    It's all good, seldom--just had to get my over-generalized rant on!

To you and dl: NOFX = the standard by which all other poppy punk bands are measured.... plus, they way pre-date the mid-90's fad-punk. One of my first albums ever was End Of the Longest Line EP.

Kill All The White Man

Don't get me started on Emo and Jade Tree Records more specifically. If you want Emo, one needs to go back to the roots: Rites of Spring, Moss Icon, J Church and the like.

The best thing that happened to punk in the 90's was Doghouse Recordings out of Gainesville, FL. Hot Water Music in particular although their last few albums have sucked.

Images
    I hear ya, I hate most CT people too...onward to Block Island!

I miss Rage.

"I Heard They Suck Live"

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Personally, I don't trust anyone from Connecticut. We have a suburb, Hampstead, that is pretty much Little Connecticut. Some of the most self-entitled d-bags I've ever come across.

Back when I was a contractor I did a couple additions for two different transplanted Connectikooks--they had to be the shiestiest people I have ever met. I had to threaten to sue both of them to keep them paying me per the contract. All they ever wanted to do was change the rules (contracted terms of payment) trying to get something for nothing all while opining about how "you people operate on a different clock" at the moment of a small hold-up (ie, THEIR engineer not getting documents to the permit department)....

(Yes, it's a complete overgeneralization--I feel a little better now)
    Let it all out man. Venting is healthy. This is the tree of trust. We want to know how the waitress looked at Olive Garden when you were on the date with your lady.

CT has insufficient speed limits, lots of tinted windows, and a surplus of "things that annoy you".

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Right on dude, that Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, STP, Soundgarden, era was the last relevant period of popular music. The last.

I know alot of surfers like the indie thing(why I don't know), but really these groups of this era(1990's) were the last good thing out there. People tend to like indie stuff because they think it's makes them cool because it's obscure. But if any of these bands were really any good they'd be huge, especially considering the void of good music that exists today that actually boosts lame groups like Maroon 5 to promenance because THERE JUST ISN'T ANYTHING GOOD OUT THERE THESE DAYS.

Ahh man Rush is quaint and b!tchen. Permanent Waves, man and Signals just top notch stuff.

Trevolution: watch out for the brown acid; don't drink too much or you might get sexually assaulted; and God I hope a hippy-plowing vehicle doesn't ram y'all and play Slayer over the PA system. Yes, that was a friggin South Park reference. College hippies are awesome. They're cute, ain't they? Talking about the governement and evil corporations.......listening to Phish...........This is a little dated but, "Hey man, did you get the new Blues Traveler album, man?"
    Bro!! you forgot 'A Flock of seagulls' !!! ... oh wait, that was the 80's lol

yup the 90's was where it WAS at!!

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    I hear ya, I hate most CT people too...onward to Block Island!
    You're going to Block? Bastard! Happy for you though man. Rip it up.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Personally, I don't trust anyone from Connecticut. We have a suburb, Hampstead, that is pretty much Little Connecticut. Some of the most self-entitled d-bags I've ever come across.

Back when I was a contractor I did a couple additions for two different transplanted Connectikooks--they had to be the shiestiest people I have ever met. I had to threaten to sue both of them to keep them paying me per the contract. All they ever wanted to do was change the rules (contracted terms of payment) trying to get something for nothing all while opining about how "you people operate on a different clock" at the moment of a small hold-up (ie, THEIR engineer not getting documents to the permit department)....

(Yes, it's a complete overgeneralization--I feel a little better now)
    I couldnt agree more! I would also humbly add Jersey! lol And I live here!!!

I been listening to Neil Young a lot lately. All phases of his divergent musical paths. His voice used to annoy me but he's grown on me recently. Am I becoming a hippie????

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    You're going to Block? Bastard! Happy for you though man. Rip it up.
    Wish I was man, well, I am, just not in the immediate future...thank you though.