LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by newenglandflatness View Post
    Phish sucks and so do people from Connecticut. Brutal left-lane cloggers. I'm no speeder, but people sitting in the left lane going 60 INFURIATES me, and CT is full of such offenders. Pull left to pass, then pull back in.

As for Phish, having (relatively) recently attended college with thousands of flannel and tie dye clad, birkenstock (jerusalem cruisers)-wearing wish-we-were-hippies, the biggest problem with Phish is their fans. I don't really like Phish, or any jam band really for that matter, but if I have to listen to one more burned-out loser tell me:

"duuuuuuuuuuddddddddeeeeeee, have you heard their set from Ithaca in 92'??? They play "taste" right INTO "waste" right into a cover of "i know you rider" before they jam back into "taste". it's so siiiiiiiicccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkk"

I may just lose my mind. Phish sucks. Phish fans are intolerable.

I definitely like the Dead, but I don't really like listening to their live stuff that much for the aforementioned disdain of half-hour jam sessions, and I really curse them for the jam band music explosion and the stupid a$$ band names that came with it. The String Cheese Incident? The Disco Biscuits? So dumb.
    This guy has wisdom...............

Images
    Saw a great shirt once that said "Phuck Phish".

Seen it and appreciated it the same. Much like the Notre Dame shirt adorned with "Muck Fichigan".

Quote Originally Posted by ChavezYChavez View Post
    I been listening to Neil Young a lot lately. All phases of his divergent musical paths. His voice used to annoy me but he's grown on me recently. Am I becoming a hippie????
    Neil Young is great. told my wife if we have another boy im naming him crazyhorse. just finished his book. i recommend it.

Images
    Well I listend to fish for the first time now and I must say wow absolute ****. This can't be music, there's nothing about beer,trucks,the south or working hard...

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    Well I listend to fish for the first time now and I must say wow absolute ****. This can't be music, there's nothing about beer,trucks,the south or working hard...
    Haha! Whether or not you like country music, those songs are the reasons it's great stuff. That and the tunes about God, family, chasing hot tail, fishing, etc. I listen to most genres but country is where it's at with simple and meaningful messages. Some people talk like every country song is a "woe is me" diatribe. Those are people that have apparently never listened to country OR emo music.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    I'll give you a hint. None of their lyrics make any sense. It's all about the music. Four of the most talented guys at their craft improvising jams seamlessly. Don't get me wrong they are not for everyone, but it's no accident that they are the number one grossing tour year after year. If you're hung up on lyrics then they're probably not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by surfrr View Post
    I'll give you a hint. None of their lyrics make any sense. It's all about the music. Four of the most talented guys at their craft improvising jams seamlessly. Don't get me wrong they are not for everyone, but it's no accident that they are the number one grossing tour year after year. If you're hung up on lyrics then they're probably not for you.
    Yeah, I am not a big fan of Phish, but they are wonderful musicians. Now modern country, that is a travesty. It is like pop music, with a southern twang. As a young high school kid, I was a weekend DJ at a country music station. Pretty hilarious, considering I hated top 100 country, and mostly listened to punk and grunge during that era.