LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Right on dude, that Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, STP, Soundgarden, era was the last relevant period of popular music. The last.

I know alot of surfers like the indie thing(why I don't know), but really these groups of this era(1990's) were the last good thing out there. People tend to like indie stuff because they think it's makes them cool because it's obscure. But if any of these bands were really any good they'd be huge, especially considering the void of good music that exists today that actually boosts lame groups like Maroon 5 to promenance because THERE JUST ISN'T ANYTHING GOOD OUT THERE THESE DAYS.

Ahh man Rush is quaint and b!tchen. Permanent Waves, man and Signals just top notch stuff.

Trevolution: watch out for the brown acid; don't drink too much or you might get sexually assaulted; and God I hope a hippy-plowing vehicle doesn't ram y'all and play Slayer over the PA system. Yes, that was a friggin South Park reference. College hippies are awesome. They're cute, ain't they? Talking about the governement and evil corporations.......listening to Phish...........This is a little dated but, "Hey man, did you get the new Blues Traveler album, man?"
    Couldn't agree more. You know, I tried to like Phish but just couldn't figure out how... it's very challenging to say the least.

Images
    I love the Grateful Dead but i just don't get Phish.

*not that I lump them in the same category but it frequently happens.

I bedded a hippy chick for a bit in college. One thing I couldn't understand was having hairy pits and dreads but keeping it Bigglesworth a little further South. Needless to say, it was pleasantly surprising.

The 90's killed punk rock by making all that whiny, poppy crap popular. The only band mildly in the poppy vein I like from that era is Less Than Jake... ok, I like Lagwagon too--their drummer shreds it. But still Green Day, Blink 182 and all that garbage is complete bunk imo. I always turned on different music watching Steel's videos.

As far as the indie thing, it's still all group-think crap. Hipsters all looking alike to show everyone how different they are... tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    The 90's killed punk rock by making all that whiny, poppy crap popular. The only band mildly in the poppy vein I like from that era is Less Than Jake... ok, I like Lagwagon too--their drummer shreds it. But still Green Day, Blink 182 and all that garbage is complete bunk imo. I always turned on different music watching Steel's videos.
    Agreed to an extent, I enjoyed some of that new punk but also enjoy the older stuff too. Less Than Jake was one of the 1st shows I ever went to back when they came out with Pezcore. Believe it or not, I picked up a saxophone from them years ago when I use to play. Now I just mess around on the ole geetar when I get bored.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I hear swellinfo's got a very helpful forum... maybe we could refer him to Emass so he could get some lessons in some 8-10ft+ waves? Then he'd have em a summertime hobby
    He won't be admitted. You need to spell kindergarten vocab words properly on the application to our school of mini-shred (i.e. < 23ft). If this guy sends his app via U.S. Main to the school njsurfer42 runs he may have better luck of getting in. I hear it's a "scarey" time over there.

As far as the indie thing, it's still all group-think crap. Hipsters all looking alike to show everyone how different they are... tools.
    Excellent quote. I've thought the same of "fans" of Jimmy Buffet and Guinness for years, among other things. Looking like SUPs can be lumped into that category now, too.

Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    used to run track for fairfield ludlowe highschool. I could run a mile in 5:25 and 2 in 12
    Guys, you're arguing with a Fairfield kid. AKA never worked even a summer job, had to do chores, or pay out of pocket for any part of his German automobile or its locally overpriced fuel.

I'm sure he'll sit here all day/week/month and tell you the rest of the things he "used to" do.

"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too." - Mitch Hedberg

Personally, I don't trust anyone from Connecticut. We have a suburb, Hampstead, that is pretty much Little Connecticut. Some of the most self-entitled d-bags I've ever come across.

Back when I was a contractor I did a couple additions for two different transplanted Connectikooks--they had to be the shiestiest people I have ever met. I had to threaten to sue both of them to keep them paying me per the contract. All they ever wanted to do was change the rules (contracted terms of payment) trying to get something for nothing all while opining about how "you people operate on a different clock" at the moment of a small hold-up (ie, THEIR engineer not getting documents to the permit department)....

(Yes, it's a complete overgeneralization--I feel a little better now)

1. Listen to live Phish.

2. NOFX

Images
    Personally, I don't trust anyone from Connecticut. We have a suburb, Hampstead, that is pretty much Little Connecticut. Some of the most self-entitled d-bags I've ever come across.

Back when I was a contractor I did a couple additions for two different transplanted Connectikooks--they had to be the shiestiest people I have ever met. I had to threaten to sue both of them to keep them paying me per the contract. All they ever wanted to do was change the rules (contracted terms of payment) trying to get something for nothing all while opining about how "you people operate on a different clock" at the moment of a small hold-up (ie, THEIR engineer not getting documents to the permit department)....

(Yes, it's a complete overgeneralization--I feel a little better now)
    Erock I'm hoping I'm the exception to that rule, I mean we can't successfully do that Block Island takeover w/out trust. And yeah, I hate greenday and Blink 182, but Pennywise, Guttermouth, and NOFX made up for that ish IMO.