LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Damn I gots to go to the book depository and check me out a The Sore Us to learn some of them there words Spicoli is lyricating.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Apparently, "he" has it together enough to be posted up on a quarter mile of beachfront at the moment surrounded by an unprecedented quantity of co-eds that an observer would think is the result of the Smokeshow Genome Project. That is, while you open that top desk drawer hunched over to pop double your prescribed dose of anti-anxiety meds due to your cubicle coffin.

I'll have the decorum and appropriateness not to accept the invite to a **** measuring contest. Rest assured, my boss is a real a-hole but it's a perk of the job that I brush his teeth in the morning, feed him, and he is actually the one typing this message. He happens to both write my paychecks and cash them, too, since he is both the payer and the payee. That arrangement is the product of me staying awake and working to make that happen over the course of several years, while you and the rest of the world sleep at night. On the occasion that someone else issues my paycheck, they would happen to be in the entertainment business, specifically sports, and I'm one of the "clowns" in the "circus" that people come pay to see perform.

I won't ask what you do for a living because it matters to me about as much as how many farts Rosie O'Donnell cuts in an average day matters to me. It doesn't. And it wouldn't change what I think or say of you if I did know what corporate entity indentures your servitude. Because after all, this is a surfing forum, and it's all about the fun, brah.
    Three words, brah - Get over yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    this place is turning into the erBB, only with bigger words and complete sentences.
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    We can't let that happen.
    Maybe it wills, maybe it won'ts.

Summer will be over soon. A lot of people will stop posting. Some will eventually get bored after a couple of years and find a new hobby and take up something else like base jumping, aircraft ownership, square dancing or competitive cck gobbling and find some other website to annoy with their banality. Or they'll figure it out once their egos no longer needs so much stroking. Either way, meh, they don't surf where I surf.

You’ll always have guys who want to argue about chemtrails, gmos, politics, cars or dolphin rape (this last one might actually be surf related). They drop in, kook out and then fall off; the front page that is.

Surfing is cyclic, in my life time I've seen its popularity wax and wane, just like all fads. Cepriano was saying the other day "I started surfing in 2002 and there's a lot more people now than then" (or something like that, sorry if I misquoted you Cep). I got a bit of a chuckle out of that, right before I ran out of fingers and toes to count on. 12 years is a long time in some respects and a blink of the eye in others. Anyway he’s right, there are probably more surfers now than 12 years ago, I dunno. It was crowded then, it’s crowded now. It’s been crowded for as long I’ve been surfing; except when it’s not.

Este es mi primer da. Homer Simpson gave me my mantra.

It is what it is.

Give it 5 or 10 years and the worm will turn man, keep the faith; it’ll fall out of fashion once again (it’s happened before). And, there will always be those who understand that it's not just a sport, a hobby, a great form of exercise or a fun way to spend an afternoon.

this too shall pass

Quote Originally Posted by zrich View Post
    Three words, brah - Get over yourself.
    It's like when you're at the doctor's office. Don't ask the question unless you're ready to hear the answer.

It was your decision to bring scrutiny to my personal and professional life based of thin slices of my time expenditure as indicated by an online forum.

Three words back at you, but we will have fun and make this a puzzle since you like the suspense of trying to figure out answers that are meaningless to your life.

Three words similar in composition to those three you used: "_ _ _ _ _ _ yourself"

Bravo mr zag

I agree. It's always been crowded. But it's always the same places. There are good crowded spots and good empty spots. It will always be, and always has been, that way... It definitely gets more "popular" and then fades over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Maybe it wills, maybe it won'ts.

Summer will be over soon. A lot of people will stop posting. Some will eventually get bored after a couple of years and find a new hobby and take up something else like base jumping, aircraft ownership, square dancing or competitive cck gobbling and find some other website to annoy with their banality. Or they'll figure it out once their egos no longer needs so much stroking. Either way, meh, they don't surf where I surf.

You’ll always have guys who want to argue about chemtrails, gmos, politics, cars or dolphin rape (this last one might actually be surf related). They drop in, kook out and then fall off; the front page that is.

Surfing is cyclic, in my life time I've seen its popularity wax and wane, just like all fads. Cepriano was saying the other day "I started surfing in 2002 and there's a lot more people now than then" (or something like that, sorry if I misquoted you Cep). I got a bit of a chuckle out of that, right before I ran out of fingers and toes to count on. 12 years is a long time in some respects and a blink of the eye in others. Anyway he’s right, there are probably more surfers now than 12 years ago, I dunno. It was crowded then, it’s crowded now. It’s been crowded for as long I’ve been surfing; except when it’s not.

Este es mi primer da. Homer Simpson gave me my mantra.

It is what it is.

Give it 5 or 10 years and the worm will turn man, keep the faith; it’ll fall out of fashion once again (it’s happened before). And, there will always be those who understand that it's not just a sport, a hobby, a great form of exercise or a fun way to spend an afternoon.

this too shall pass

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear cackedinri,

You have received a new private message at Swellinfo Surf Forums from EmassSpicoli, entitled "Hola".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
    http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
    Happy to stroll down to RI and meet up face to face so you can learn more about me as apparently you're quite interested in my life that has nothing to do with yours. That, and we can solve the issue of your regular comments of condescension. There's lots of \"fun\" ways to modify behavior.

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:
    http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/private.php

All the best,
    Swellinfo Surf Forums

THIS KID

To the "holier than thou" crowd (it seems to be replicating itself in number here):

Take a look at the origin of these threads that seem to so very much irk you. Then look at the elements that progress them into mutated, off-topic horsecrap.

This thread was geared towards a topic of ocean hydrodynamics that is very much appropriate for a surfing forum. The original post has zero aim or attention towards anyone's outside life or ego.

Any one of a number of subsequent posts immediately derailed the content from said objective and decayed it into the cesspool that most web forums quickly become.

There's clear irony in the claims from these posters that "their surfing forum" is being infected with waste, when they are sowing the seeds of hate, tilling the soil with derision, and harvesting the crap themselves.

Ha, this guy really can't fight the battles he picks. I wonder who castrated him, his mother years ago or his lovely significant other in the current day.

You are a sad, shell of a boy, crackedinri. To not shoulder the weight of the situations you provoke, have a chance to avoid through a humorous response by your intended target diverting from and not engaging the conflict (earlier in this thread), provoke once again, get responded to privately instead of publicly (because your decisions shouldn't be anyone else's problem on here), then try and cower behind your fellow narrow-minded brethren.

Yes, people. We live in a society where what you say and do has consequences. Even if this presidential regime and nation says how you decide to act is not your fault.

To those of you shooting your mouths off to people you don't know behind the guise of an internet forum handle: go to Bridgeport, CT and say anything like this out loud to the commoners of that town, who you likewise know nothing about and who've done nothing to insult or harm you. Come back to us and report the results.

Bridgeport, CT? Is it that badass their?

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Ha, this guy really can't fight the battles he picks. I wonder who castrated him, his mother years ago or his lovely significant other in the current day.

You are a sad, shell of a boy, crackedinri. To not shoulder the weight of the situations you provoke, have a chance to avoid through a humorous response by your intended target diverting from and not engaging the conflict (earlier in this thread), provoke once again, get responded to privately instead of publicly (because your decisions shouldn't be anyone else's problem on here), then try and cower behind your fellow narrow-minded brethren.

Yes, people. We live in a society where what you say and do has consequences. Even if this presidential regime and nation says how you decide to act is not your fault.

To those of you shooting your mouths off to people you don't know behind the guise of an internet forum handle: go to Bridgeport, CT and say anything like this out loud to the commoners of that town, who you likewise know nothing about and who've done nothing to insult or harm you. Come back to us and report the results.