LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Heavy Water

Hybrid View

Images

Heavy Water

I love big-ass sloppy surf. Stormy and disorganized its still fun as hell. Its so much fun just gettin tossed around haha I'll definitely have to get down to OC this week like Tuesday. oh and finally got that fullsuit so i wont look like a KOOK.

wow

yeah mann...

your crazy.

I do not have the balls to go bigger than head high. it is dangerous

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ECsponger View Post
    I love big-ass sloppy surf. Stormy and disorganized its still fun as hell. Its so much fun just gettin tossed around haha I'll definitely have to get down to OC this week like Tuesday. oh and finally got that fullsuit so i wont look like a KOOK.
    Head-High...isn't that around 1-2 feet sponger?
    ________
    Honda SCV100
    Last edited by SkySurfnSnow; Jan 19, 2011 at 04:48 AM.

clearly you kooks dont surf in the winter if your afraid of head high surf.. and stormy disorganized surf sucks

Stormy surf does suck... But its always fun getting thrown around while learning to respect the ocean.

actualy stormy disorganized can be super fun if your rolling alone or with 4-5 close bros its a true test of turning something into nothing its a sponger thing =]

Images

Err on the side of caution

A word to the wise for all, especially those inexperienced with storm surf: It's called storm surf for a reason, and it IS dangerous. There's really no way you can fully predict the resulting rips and littoral currents that you will be powerless to overcome or even successfully navigate. Err on the side of caution, if for no other reason than the fact that you'll live to catch many more waves in the future.

Many with considerable experience have encountered very life threatening conditions and thankfully have survived to tell about it. Many others, like Eddie Aikau and Mark Foo, have not. Just because you love the ocean doesn't mean it loves you back.

Be smart, and above all else, be safe.
    Last edited by MDSurfer; May 12, 2008 at 02:26 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aczaplicki View Post
    Stormy surf does suck... But its always fun getting thrown around while learning to respect the ocean.

If you can get out.......big days def separate the boys from the men.

Images

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by SkySurfnSnow View Post
    Head-High...isn't that around 1-2 feet sponger?
    I never said anything about head high. sound like a bunch of whiney little pusses "oh stormy surf is scary, ooo its too big, ooh its dangerous" Why u out there then.
    SpongeOC's right: must be a bodyboarders thing. easier to punch through shorebreak w/more manuverable board and fins. Stand-ups must sink real fast.

Hey what about hurricane surf? thats about as heavy as it gets around deez parts and I definitely make it an extra special effort to get down and out there. Wether I gotta take off work, skip work (not good to do, they dont like that) or cancel something.
    Why stand on the beach and stare when you CAN show what you can do, if you got da marbles