LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heavy Water

Images

Heavy Water

I love big-ass sloppy surf. Stormy and disorganized its still fun as hell. Its so much fun just gettin tossed around haha I'll definitely have to get down to OC this week like Tuesday. oh and finally got that fullsuit so i wont look like a KOOK.

wow

yeah mann...

your crazy.

I do not have the balls to go bigger than head high. it is dangerous

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ECsponger View Post
    I love big-ass sloppy surf. Stormy and disorganized its still fun as hell. Its so much fun just gettin tossed around haha I'll definitely have to get down to OC this week like Tuesday. oh and finally got that fullsuit so i wont look like a KOOK.
    Head-High...isn't that around 1-2 feet sponger?
    ________
    Honda SCV100
    Last edited by SkySurfnSnow; Jan 19, 2011 at 04:48 AM.

clearly you kooks dont surf in the winter if your afraid of head high surf.. and stormy disorganized surf sucks

Stormy surf does suck... But its always fun getting thrown around while learning to respect the ocean.

actualy stormy disorganized can be super fun if your rolling alone or with 4-5 close bros its a true test of turning something into nothing its a sponger thing =]

Images

Err on the side of caution

A word to the wise for all, especially those inexperienced with storm surf: It's called storm surf for a reason, and it IS dangerous. There's really no way you can fully predict the resulting rips and littoral currents that you will be powerless to overcome or even successfully navigate. Err on the side of caution, if for no other reason than the fact that you'll live to catch many more waves in the future.

Many with considerable experience have encountered very life threatening conditions and thankfully have survived to tell about it. Many others, like Eddie Aikau and Mark Foo, have not. Just because you love the ocean doesn't mean it loves you back.

Be smart, and above all else, be safe.
    Last edited by MDSurfer; May 12, 2008 at 02:26 AM.

im not one to tempt fate or say that surfing can isnt dangerous at any size or power...but the next few days are not ****ing mavericks or waimea or jaws here people. Im as excited as the next day...but a lof places all over the world would call this good surf...not epic and heavy water and all this other stuff

surfing is dangerous...always...and always have respect for the ocean

but gimme a break goddamn mom

storm surf sucks. 6-8 foot barreling south swells = awesome

haha boogie boarders hahahahahhaah