LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heavy Water

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aczaplicki View Post
    Stormy surf does suck... But its always fun getting thrown around while learning to respect the ocean.

If you can get out.......big days def separate the boys from the men.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    Just because you love the ocean doesn't mean it loves you back.
    Couldn't have said it better myself........just use your head. And be careful!

Images

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by SkySurfnSnow View Post
    Head-High...isn't that around 1-2 feet sponger?
    I never said anything about head high. sound like a bunch of whiney little pusses "oh stormy surf is scary, ooo its too big, ooh its dangerous" Why u out there then.
    SpongeOC's right: must be a bodyboarders thing. easier to punch through shorebreak w/more manuverable board and fins. Stand-ups must sink real fast.

Hey what about hurricane surf? thats about as heavy as it gets around deez parts and I definitely make it an extra special effort to get down and out there. Wether I gotta take off work, skip work (not good to do, they dont like that) or cancel something.
    Why stand on the beach and stare when you CAN show what you can do, if you got da marbles

Images

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by smack da lip whaaapaaa View Post
    storm surf sucks. 6-8 foot barreling south swells = awesome
    Yea let me know when these come around. are you sure you're in the right forum?

20.3 at 10 seconds, there is only one place I can think of on Delmarva that might be rideable but probably not, and very hard to get to if not impossible with the wind gusts of over 50 mph. you will drown if you go out in stuff like this. wait until it cleans up a little tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday. Stop pretending to be hard.

Images
    20.3ft @ 10 seconds. Damn, this storm blew up.

Quote Originally Posted by ECsponger View Post
    Yea let me know when these come around. are you sure you're in the right forum?
    this winter in NJ

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyh View Post
    you will drown if you go out in stuff like this. wait until it cleans up a little tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday. Stop pretending to be hard.

Amen....this man speaks the truth.

i mean, 1-2 ft overhead/dub overhead storm surf i'd probably not paddle out in. however, as long as i'm in a 3/2 or it's summer (those rare summer time big south swells) i'll paddle out in anything, i've been out on some hella fun overhead storm surf days. drifting 30 streets in 10 minutes blows, but so does being starved for waves!! OC is a safe bet for storm surf usually, since you don't have to worry about jetties or shallow breaks, for the most part, you can go balls out against beastmaster victory at sea conditions. Rips do get VERY strong, as does that littoral current, hence the 30 street drift. But rips are easy to navigate if you aren't an inlander who has no idea how to get in when being sucked out (which happens every summer, and people drown). To me, someone who is quite familiar (hesitant to say a waterman though) with the ocean, a rip = ski lift for surfing.

anways, know your limits, trust your knowledge of the ocean, and allow yourself to be truly be humbled by the earth's AWESOME power.