LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 49

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    1,350
    Images
    8

    Where would you go?

    Let's say you had the means to pick up everything you owned and move to some new location on planet Earth. Then one day your neighbor's dog pooped in your yard, you got dumped, you were forced to buy insurance ,prohibited from buying your favorite 32 oz diet fanta or something else happened to make you say, "F it, I'm out".

    Where in the world would you go?

    I've thought about this before and quality of surf is always a consideration, not at the top, but in there. Personal freedom, free economies, cost and quality of living, etc. are things I think about.

    Discuss.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Out on the island
    Posts
    439
    i'd by a sail boat and go everywhere

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    kailua-kona
    Posts
    436
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Let's say you had the means to pick up everything you owned and move to some new location on planet Earth. Then one day your neighbor's dog pooped in your yard, you got dumped, you were forced to buy insurance ,prohibited from buying your favorite 32 oz diet fanta or something else happened to make you say, "F it, I'm out".

    Where in the world would you go?

    I've thought about this before and quality of surf is always a consideration, not at the top, but in there. Personal freedom, free economies, cost and quality of living, etc. are things I think about.

    Discuss.
    start your own independent floating country, can't get much more free than that:
    http://www.wired.com/techbiz/startup...urrentPage=all

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,511
    I'd go to New Zealand and build a tree fort out of RS's wooden yacts and live off the land.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    1,350
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I'd go to New Zealand and build a tree fort out of RS's wooden yacts and live off the land.
    I've thought about NZ as well. Word on the street is you can't get in unless you're under 30 and make more money than EmassSpicolli. I could be wrong though.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,511
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    I've thought about NZ as well. Word on the street is you can't get in unless you're under 30 and make more money than EmassSpicolli. I could be wrong though.
    Gonna need a good disguise I guess, anybody got a orange jump suit, white space helmet, and fake gnome beard I can borrow?

  7. #7
    Seal Beach, CA.

    I love that place. **** CA economics - I'm talking fresh avocados, fun waves and a cool local vibe. Rick Harbour's shop is right on Main Street, so I would be riding San-O & Banana models for the rest of my life (no shipping). Plus, his shop is right next to an awesome Irish bar. A short drive away from all the cool & tough SoCal spots and just far enough away from LA to avoid the smog and traffic. Venice Beach is really my favorite spot, but obviously way too congested for daily living. Seal Beach kind of reminds me of CB. Super chill and a really nice local vibe. Definitely a cool place to hit on your next California trip.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Stayin' Classy in San Diego
    Posts
    2,062
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Let's say . . .something . . . happened to make you say, "F it, I'm out"
    Where in the world would you go?
    It did and I did and I'm there. Waves were the only reason.

    Just another freak in the freak kingdom.

    No matter where you go, there you are.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    It did and I did and I'm there. Waves were the only reason.

    Just another freak in the freak kingdom.

    No matter where you go, there you are.
    "Just another freak in the freak kingdom."
    I like that

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Stayin' Classy in San Diego
    Posts
    2,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Roar View Post
    "Just another freak in the freak kingdom."
    I like that
    Hunter S Thompson, I wish I was that clever.